2011 Mazda2 1.3L MZR Clutch Replacement. Does it have a DMF?

Hi I was wondering if anybody could hlep me out with an issue with my car please? It's a 2011 1.3 (1349cc I think) MZR engine 84 BHP. I've had the car a couple of years and have spent quite a bit of money on this car with wear and tear items. It has done 80,000 miles and now I think the clucth needs replacing. This is due to the car getting more difficult to get into in reverse, the clutch pedal has a high biting point, and also there is very little between the clutch being engaged and disengaged when down-shifting. On the odd occasion the clutch judders when the car is cold, but this isn't that often.

Information on these cars seems pretty thin on the ground here in the UK. From what I can pick up I believe that it has a dual mass flywheel. Just wondered if this is correct? There's nothing that really points to it failing if it has. It's just if it's normal practice to replace this as well as the clutch I think I'm going to get rid of the car and buy something newer. Just really wondered if people on here with similar high mileage Mazda 2's had any advice please?

Back