2010 CX-9 - Broke light clip on the front door inside…Can it be fixed?

LordJezo

The one that is at the lower front part of each front door on the inside that lights your feet up and the ground a little when the door is open. Is there a name for those and do they sell replacements for the parts that the light plugs into?

I ended up snapping the clip that holds the light into the door when repairing the window motor and took the door off. Oops. Is this replaceable? I don't even know what to look up for a replacement part.

Seems like I left a major part off of the topic of this thread, that I snapped the clip on the one of them and cant figure out how to replace it. With ambient lighting or puddle lights is there a replacement clip or do I need to run a whole new wire? Is this a part I can buy?

You definitely don't need to run a new wire. You could just put some caulking on what's left of the clip to "glue" it in place. Caulking is nice because it will hold it but if you need to remove it again it can easily be taken off.

I'll give that a shot. Just your regular silicone caulk that gets used around the house or is there a special car caulk that I dont know about?

I just use regular silicone caulk, like what you buy at home depot. I've seen removable ones that are supposed to peel away easier, so that would make things easier if you ever have to get back in there. Of course regular caulking is removable as well, just a little more of a pain depending on how much you use.

Back