2008 Mazdaspeed3 aftermarket radio issue

Have a 08 mazdaspeed 3 decided to swap to a single din blue tooth unit (oem was non Bose) have everything hooked up properly according to every diagram online. Cannot get it to power at all to save my life. Any help? Even tried reconnecting the power ground and memory power, still nothing in accessory or with car running.

Did you verify that you actually have power? Also, did you make sure you chose the correct power wire on the interface harness? On certain harnesses, there's two red power wires for some reason. You have to make sure you choose the correct one.

Also, check fuses, including the "Room" fuse.

Checked power with dmm, even went direct to power for acc to verify that wasn’t the issue, it powered up, but then I put it back to the switch at orange black with silver dot and nothing, green black ground also didn’t work at all. I’m so frustrated I’m just bringing it in to let someone else deal with… I even worked at a shop for a while. ******* Mazda’s man.

It’s a dual xdm17bt unit, oem harness, just snipped wires, I used the orange and black with silver dots but on all the photos it says it’s a yellow wire, any confirmation on color code for the wire on the stock speed3 harness for an 08 for accessory wire?

It does say ground is green black but acc switched is yellow and the wire I tapped was supposedly the dimmer wire, well I connected battery straight to that wire and my lights flicked on… pretty sure my guess on this is right. When I get home
I intended to test my theory, if I’m right I’ll post a proper wire diagram of what connects where.

Radio doesn't matter. I'm asking which harness you went with. You did use one, right? You didn't cut the factory plug off, right?

1657297317973.png

Dude, WHY?!? Solder it back on (yes, actual solder, not crimps, and for the love of God, not a twist and tape) spend $7, get a proper harness. All of your problems will disappear.

Lmao, speed 3, only harness available is a 130$ steering wheel control one that I don’t even care about cause I’m doing single din, literally just need a unit that plays Bluetooth since I’m doing dual amps, 4 channel and mono, 2 subs and 4 new speakers. I just needed to know if the color for the wire was correct.
They don’t make a 7$ harness for a mazdaspeed 3.

You are dead wrong: Yes they do. You don't get the steering wheel controls or display functions, but everything else works perfectly. And yes, it's dirt cheap, $4.37 on Amazon dirt cheap. Metra part number 70-7903.

Now repair your screwed up factory wiring harness, and do the job correctly. You have a very, very nice car. Treat it as such.

Back