2008 GT with Nav & Bose, in-dash CD changer getting fussy, won't accept or eject CD's

harryhood

:
2008 CX9 GT AWD
2008 GT with Nav & Bose, in-dash CD changer getting fussy, won't accept or eject CD's

Dealer seemed completely unable to help and suggested I order a new unit at the enticing price of $5300. (screwy)

Car is under Mazda's extended warranty and the dealer suggested there was some kind of radio exchange program where for a much smaller price someone would send me a new unit in exchange for the old one. Does this ring a bell with anyone? How hard would it be for someone to actually fix the damned CD changer?

Wait, if it is under warranty, how is this your problem to solve?

I am not sure that the radio is covered under the extended warranty. You will have to take a look at the warranty pamphlet to see.

Harryhood, I saw some place on the internet when searching for a replacement unit. I cannot remember the url, but the cost was around $800 with a $1300 core fee.

You should look at this as an opportunity to get a nice a/m unit that plays dvds & xbox, etc! But good luck with getting Mazda to chip in. Hope it works out for you.

Latest posts

Back