2008 BCM Part Number

Hi all,

I've been following this forum for a few years now:
-my first car was a 2000 626 that I kept alive until my brother rolled it in the depths of Canadian winter.
-my mom found a rebuilt 2015 CX-5 for a good price that has had some interesting electrical and body issues (solved the faulty ground, now the rear fender mouldings keep breaking off).
-I just bought (today) a 2008 CX-9 for a steep discount with classic faulty-BCM symptoms. It now has 235K km (~147K mi).

For this most recent addition, I have an invoice from the previous owner, who had the BCM replaced by a dealer in Ottawa due to...the transmission sticking in 3rd gear (see pic)? This was in March 2017 at 181K km / ~115K mi.

Anyway, the Mazda part number of the currently installed, almost certainly faulty computer is TD12-67-560D and the supplier (Visteon) part number is VP6ALF-14B205-BJ. It supports alarm/anti-theft. Does anyone have any insider knowledge as to what part numbers I can substitute for this?

Thanks in advance, apologies if this is the wrong place.

Attachments

• IMG_7402.jpg
    IMG_7402.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 140
I know this probably won't help you, but maybe it will help someone else? Based on my research I think that the TD12 is the most significant part of the number and that means the car has an alarm... I believe TD11 indicates no alarm and the "D" after 560 is, I suspect, a revision indicator... I arrived at this conclusion after a lot of time on Ebay (most BCMs are just pics of the vehicle, but eventually there were enough with pics that I came to that conclusion and looking at parts numbers on mazda part websites backed that up). We spoke to different people at Mazda and got different answers about plug and play versus programming, but someone may stand a chance of avoiding reprogramming, or at least have most everything work, by matching the TD11 or TD12 and trying to find one from the same trim level with the same options.

We are selling our CX-9 (my wife bought a used Odyssey), and the buyer is going to take it to the dealer for BCM replacement... I was going to do it, but had to return the part to Ebay because one of the 7 wire harness connectors on the BCM would just not budge for me... 5 hours and then took me ten minutes to reassemble and taking the loss for that job on the price of the car... Frustrating!

Best wishes! p.s. stiff string trimmer line does a good job on the sunroof drains... work a few feet down in there and you should be good to go!

Back