2007 Mazda5 Shut off after going through big flood under railroad Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

intoo

:
2007 Mazda 5
Hello Everyone,

I when through a huge puddle and before I got through all the dash lights went on and the car stalled.
I tried starting it and it only made a bad stater sound. Any way I had it towed and 3 days later tried again and I got the same noise and then nothing.

I took out the starter and check it and it was jammed so I replace it with a rebuilt on. (Tested before I went home)

I put it in and after trying again it did the same thing. Sound of a click like a weak ground or something disconnecting it.
The battery was fully charged and I have full power, I manually turned the engine and its not seize, no water in dipstick or Filter box, checked fuses. Everything is was ok.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whats wrong? Short somewhere? What should I check for?

Im stuck and need this vehicle for work. Insurance is only one way so Im on my own.

Thanks.

Few years ago we had a flooded road, thought I could get my 07 5 to higher ground. Water was still below the sills. Car stopped dead. Good news no water in the oil. Bad news: all the oil was in the water. Pushed #2 connecting rod through the front of the case! Replacement engine has been just fine. But if someone spits in the middle of the road, I drive around it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back