2003 Spicy Orange MSP Mazdaspeed Protege. Garage Kept!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAwes

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
PRICE DROP - 2003 Spicy Orange MSP Mazdaspeed Protege. Garage Kept!

Hi everyone, this is the exact ad i put on the Atlanta craigslist. Only difference is you wont be able to contact me through craigslist without the direct link, so just go ahead and call or email at GAwes88@gmail.com, as i may not check pms on here very much, but feel free to comment on this thread with general questions, i'll be sure to check it every day!

The Short:

My pics here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/gawes/sets/72157625294270020/

I have a 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege for sale. It has only had 1 owner prior to me, has been garage kept, and has never been raced or wrecked in any manner whatsoever.

*No pointless or sketchy mods.
*No problems engine or electrical in the slightest.
*RARE - There are only 600 of these cars in this color and year produced!
*0-62 in 6.9 seconds. This is a lot of car for the money
* Keyless entry, and i have a spare key.
*Stock Racing Hart 17 x 7 aluminum alloy wheels with Super Silver Finish with wheel locks
*These cars are stock tuned in house by Sparco and Callaway, read the website at the bottom for general specs!
* 5-speed manual

*$6,500

Wesley - 770 - 530 - 4721 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************770 - 530 - 4721******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************770 - 530 - 4721******end_of_the_skype_highlighting <---- Call any day besides Tuesday or Thursday (and even then, from 8-10 pm is fine, i just have school all day otherwise)

Email me with questions or call me if you want to come take a look. No joy rides please and I'm not interested in trades, but I am very willing to have you come check this car out, I hate to part with it, but I promise you will be wholly impressed by this car.

I'll try to include any relevant information I can think of, because I really appreciate it when sellers do the same.

The long:

My name is Wesley and like I said, I'm the second owner of this car (the first owner was in Florida who also had it regularly maintained and garage kept, I will include the VIN # below and you are more than welcome to run a Carfax on it!)

I graduate from GSU this December and after that will be spending 4 months in France. I'm not sure which graduate school I'll be in next year and it might be in the city, so along with not wanting a perfectly good car to sit unused for 4 months, i dont want to have it sit in the garage and then get sold as soon as i get back because i would be moving to a city where I couldn't bring my car. The loss of a car that i really love is your gain.

Check the links below for general info on this car.

This car is has a turbocharged 4-cylinder. Gets 30+ easy on the interstate, even with today's gas prices I drove 2 weeks ago from Sharpsburg to Acworth and back for $13 in gas. I have babied this car the best I could and have kept it maintained with the highest available quality parts and fluid. I never drop the clutch, so it literally feels exactly like it did the day i bought it. I regularly put this car on a lift and make sure the underside is okay, i can take pictures if anyone's interested, but there's nothing to hide, looks great underneath, nothing torn or cracked, its rust free. Oil changed regularly, full synthetic always, Bosch or Mobil 1 filters. Tons of pics to follow

Car is super light (2800 lbs), and yet maintains 5 star crash rating for the driver and 4 star for the passengers from the NHTSA. Handling is awesome, the car is really, really fun to drive.

VIN number - JM1BJ227330641515

Production number 1307. Like i said, be sure to run the Carfax if you want to.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/faq/2003_MAZDASPEED_Protege.pdf

Specifics

Car comes stock with its kenwood 7-speaker sound system featuring 4 mid-base speakers, 2-tweeters, 1- 250 watt subwoofer and accompanying amplifier specifically designed for the MSP and mounted perfectly in the trunk so you have all the room you need.

Upgraded the exhaust manifold to a THUNDER custom tubular manifold guaranteed to never crack (installed this summer) I have the original Callaway manifold i can give you as well. Makes a GREAT sound and looks amazing, look closely in the pictures. Thunder, next to steedspeed, are easily regarded as the best tubular manifolds for MSP's.

Replaced the wastegate for the Turbo with OEM parts in February. Turbo spools great.

Replaced the timing belt this year with a Gates belt.

Replaced all four rotors with drilled/slotted lightweight zinc rotors, put them on just 2 weeks ago. Also, put on posi-quiet ceramic pads on all 4 brakes, pads alone were 120 dollars, i dont think you'll have to worry about brakes for a very, very long time. These brakes are beastly, you'll be amazed. I also have the stock rotors and a set of pads that still have some wear left on them.

Replaced the bushings in the sway bars underneath.

Reinforced an exhaust mount near the front. Holds really solidly.

Replaced the stock kenwood head unit with another kenwood unit to match the rest of the car. Here it is. Allows direct ipod hookup (or any other USB powered mp3 player or device in general) and ipod control directly through the head-unit, i have the remote for it around here somewhere, i'll try to find it.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/In-Dash_CD_n_DVD_Receivers/1-DIN_CD_Receiver/KDC-MP345U

Got a set of Falken Ziex 912's on it that i put on at the beginning of the summer, amazing tires and plenty of tread left.

Paint is in great condition, interior speaks for itself, i always try to put the sunshade up, so nothing is sun damaged. Rotated them 2 weeks ago.
Cons - very minor and few...
There is a ding smaller than a dime on the rear driver-side door and one of the center caps on the wheels is missing, they're available from most mazda dealerships or you can order a new one online if you want, I wasn't too worried about it.

I guess that's about it. Email me if you have any questions, and thanks for your time, I hope its what you're looking for.

All the specs available here. . .

http://www.mazdaspd.com/

Dont forget, 23 Pictures available here http://www.flickr.com/photos/gawes/sets/72157625294270020/

5bwfpj.jpg

2vv3zt2.jpg

Last edited:
Please input your location into your profile: Settings (upper right corner of this window) > Edit Profile > Location

Thanks (2thumbs)

if your willing to drive to springfield,mo i will trade your forr my 2006 chevy cobalt ss. 277whp. i want 13,500 out of mine so you would have to make up the difference.

Thanks for the offer, looked at your car last night, i like it a lot, but im looking to not have a car, im not sure if you read the entire ad because its quite long but im moving to france and then will be in an unknown location for grad school. appreciate the post though, good luck :)

its a rare nice example of a somewhat stock Spicy, should sale easily. Saw it on CL for atlanta but I already have an MSP

I can only hope =P, and i forgot to mention that obviously its never been smoked in, no spills on the seats either

Price Dropped

Anyone know someone looking for a great car, i've had a few offers but no one got serious enough to come through. I'm lowering the price to 6500, and i wont go below that, but its an amazing deal, so if you've got 6500 cash or know someone who does, you know where to find me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back