2003 Mazda Protege 2.0L Sudden motor stall while driving...Help

My 2003 Mazda Protege Lx turns over but, won't start. I was coming home from getting the car inspected it was running fine then all of a sudden while accelerating it just lost power. I floored the pedal but it just continued to lose speed ending with it fully cutting out I coasted off to the side of the road and tried to start it but, it just keeps turning over with a sputtering seemingly almost half start sometimes never fully starts immediately stalls and goes back to turning over. My father towed it to my home and listened to it when I tried to start said it sounds like a timing belt issue but the timing belt looks relatively new it isn't broke. I had my wife turn the key while I watched the timing belt and the gears it goes around start to turn but stop like their jammed or not getting enough of something to get a full rotation I tood a video of it. Any advice would be super appreciated. (somthing worth noting I am in no way an experiensed mechanic. im trying to learn as i run into problems so please bare with my lack of experiense and general knowledge please.)

Attachments

• 441308679_8341222729226590_7065014652778366886_n.mp4
    2 MB
Something is seriously broken. The timing belt should be turning those gears, which are the camshaft gears. Time for a new engine, or at the very least, a tear down.

Back