2002 Protege5, 5spd - PARTING OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
2009 Subaru Forester, 5spd
I'm parting out my car since I wasn't able to sell it complete, so start asking about parts! PM or reply. I can send you pictures of parts if you want.

See the bottom of the first post for a complete list of items sold. Updated regularly.

I've finally replaced my Protege5 as the rust monster is getting the best of it...including some of the frame! :( So now I'm selling the car. I'm located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.

First, details on the car:
- 280000kms
- silver
- 5 speed manual
- sunroof
- exterior has rust (mainly rear wheel wells, frame around windshield, and a good size hole in the frame (~4" diameter); some smaller areas on front edge of hood, front lower corner of drivers side door, rear hatch around emblem/license plate, and other spots around the car)
- interior is used, but in very good condition (I ought to have given it a good vacuum before I took the pictures). I have the cloth floor mats SOLD.
- features of the car that I know aren't working: driver's side rear door power door lock, front and rear washer fluid pumps, fog light bulbs burnt out
- factory stereo with AuxMod for auxiliary input (http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/) SOLD
- repainted interior accent pieces to a darker charcoal grey
- leather shifter boot SOLD
- engine/transmission are running well, though they obviously have 280000kms on them as well. Haven't noticed any slipping of the clutch yet, and possibly a slight noise beginning with 2nd.
- new brakes in rear within last 2 months, and serviced front brakes
- decent tread remaining on tires
- have winter rims with tires, but tires are low on tread SOLD
- just re-tinted all windows except the small rear windows @ 35% (the fixed ones, not the little triangles in the doors)
- home-made roof rack, which I can leave on, or remove and reinstall the trim pieces at your preference.

Selling anything that is reasonable to ship and not a huge job to remove.

Reply to the post, or send me a PM if you're interested.

Pictures below:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

SOLD:
- AuxMod chip for stereo
- Airbag skin and cruise control switches from steering wheel
- MAF sensor and pipe
- all wiper arms + rear wiper motor ass'y
- floor mats
- shift knob/boot
- rear seat split hinge
- front/rear bumper skins and side skirts
- driver side rear triangle glass
- cruise control bracket
- battery tray
- ECU + harness
- tail light wiring harness set
- power mirror harnesses
- roof rack deletes
- rear cargo area cover
- power steering pressure hose
- axle-back muffler
- left taillight housing
- remaining 3 functioning power lock actuators
- air box
- intake manifold/throttle body/EGR valve
- instrument cluster surround
- fuel line from right side of fuel rail
- rear view mirror
- coolant reservoir
- alternator + bracket, bolts, and belt
- crankshaft, one piston/rod, strut bar and brackets
- centre console
- cupholder, radio bezel, power window control bezels, interior door handles
- ashtray
- Driver/passenger side mirrors
- All brake calipers
- cam position sensor
- clock spring
- pre-cat
- fuel pump
- rear sway bar brackets/bushings
- trailing link bolts
- side mirror sail trim pieces (both)
- front R and L strut assemblies
- windshield washer fluid reservoir
- antenna and associated wiring
- HVAC controls from below stereo
- both driver's side door sills
- driver's side B-pillar lower panel
- front passenger seatbelt with retractor

Last edited:
I'd love to get my hands on the cruise control system.. but I'm not sure what all I would need. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you, if it's not too many parts I may be interested in taking the whole cruise system off your hands.

Are to fog lights in good shape? I'd be interested in those, since I snapped nearly all the bolts trying to change the bulbs and one of the lenses is cracked anyway.

Might also be interested in the floor mats, so long as they're OEM.

@ Krayzie:
I'm going to wait until Wednesday to see if I get any interest in the complete car. Otherwise, I'll get back to you about the cruise control...assuming you don't get back to me first.

@BrockWalls:
I'm going to wait until Wednesday for selling as parts to see if I get any interest in the complete car. The bulbs are burnt out on the fogs, and I know at least one has a crack in it, possibly the other as well. The floor mats are OEM. I'll get back to you Wednesday when I decide what I'm doing.

@ Krayzie:
I'm going to wait until Wednesday to see if I get any interest in the complete car. Otherwise, I'll get back to you about the cruise control...assuming you don't get back to me first.
Yeah man, that's perfectly understandable. I looked into it briefly and it doesn't appear to be too terrible of a job, you'd be looking at removing the cruise ECU, actuator, and mounting bracket from the engine bay, the switch and wiring harness from the steering wheel, and any remaining harnesses that connect the various sensors (clutch, brake, etc.)

If you decide to part out and that's something you think you'd be interested in disassembling for me, I would definitely be very interested in the complete cruise setup. We can chat more about the specific parts I would need if we get there. PM me if the part out happens and we'll go from there.

I'm waiting until Wednesday to see if there's any interest in the complete car (I have ads up in a few places). Then I'll be deciding on parting it out. I'll get back to you. If I decide to part it out, I'll start from the top of the thread to see had first dibs on things :) Either way, if you wanted, I could make you a leather shifter boot too. I've made several now for a few different vehicles.

I haven't really had any interest the whole car, so I'm parting it out. PM me, or reply to the thread!

need the bracket for the CC attached to the bar. Need the inside door handles. And I need the Battery Tray. PM me prices.

Sold:
- AuxMod chip for stereo
- Airbag skin and cruise control switches from steering wheel

- All requests replied to with PMs. All PMs replied to. Waiting for replies!

- All purchased parts are packaged and ready to ship.

Keep asking. There's lots of stuff still available!

FYI: it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so I won't be able to ship anything Monday, and I will be a little busy with activities over the weekend. Please be patient, I will respond to your requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back