2001 Mazda sp20 obd2 not working

Hi all! Been using this forum since early last year when I brought my mazda to fix a few things. I've searched through the forums but haven't come up with anything, just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem? I have power to the obd2 port which is located under the steering wheel but I cannot seem to connect my foxwell nt650 elite diagnostic tool to it, I've checked the port and it looks fine. I have tried it on my mates 2002 familia and it worked fine, does anybody have any ideas? Or where I should start looking for faults? Thank you, cheers guys. 🙂

Solution
Make sure you turn your ignition to run position.

My reader is powered when its plugged in, but won't connect to the ECU until the ignition is switched on.
Yeah that's what I've been doing, thanks for the help. Anyways turns out my ecu was fried which explains another problem I'd also been having, picked up a one from the wreckers and slapped it in and that seems to have solved it. Cheers.
There should a fuse box near the clutch pedal or somewhere there. Check to see if all the fuses are good.
Yeah I've checked all the fuses and replaced the room fuse because I heard that it’s linked to the obd port, everything looks ok, there's power to the obd port but just no connection to the ecu.

Upvote 1

My reader is powered when its plugged in, but won't connect to the ECU until the ignition is switched on.

Upvote 0

Yeah that's what I've been doing, thanks for the help. Anyways turns out my ecu was fried which explains another problem I'd also been having, picked up a one from the wreckers and slapped it in and that seems to have solved it. Cheers.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back