1st Gen Mazda3 wheels on 2nd Gen

:
Mazda3i Sport
I've been looking all over for this combination but haven't found any examples. I'm sure the wheels will fit, but does anyone have any photos of the 2004-2006 OEM Mazda3 17-inch 5 spoke wheels on a 2010+ sedan? Preferably a stock height car with stock sized tires.

I'm planning to get new wheels on my 2012 sedan to replace my 16's and thought that set might work out. I'm not looking at the RX8's yet, I think the tires would get too expensive for me.

I did find a thread with very similar wheels from the Mazda5 GT. They do give me some idea.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123818139-2010-Mazda3-Ti-with-17-quot-5-spoke-comments

Thanks

Last edited:
First-Gen GT wheels on 2012 hatch

This may be too late to be useful, but I just joined the forum...

I bought used OEM 17x6.5" ET 52.5 wheels from a first-gen GT sedan and put them on my 2012 GS-Sky sport (hatch). They have original-size 205/50R17 tires on them (but not the tires originally provided by Mazda). I have no fit issues. They are very similar to the Mazda5 wheels shown in the other thread; I think this style suits the second-gen body style well, but frankly appearance is quite low on my priorities.

M3SportGS-Sky_1stGenGTwheels.jpg

Thanks for posting. Your combination looks great. I haven't made a choice on wheels yet, but now that I've actually seen it this may be hard to pass up. Are you stock height?

Sorry it has been a week... I'm not into the habit of checking this forum yet, and it doesn't seem to send notification of responses (I'll look into that).

Yes, my car is at stock height. Other than this swap, the car is dead stock.

I am considering alternate setups for both winter (narrower tire, maybe 15" wheel) and summer when these tires wear out (wider 17" wheel), so I have been looking for wheel choices. I found that Midwest Wheel is a very handy source of descriptions (most with photos) of OEM wheels for any brand, model, or year (but they don't show them on the car). I'm now thinking that for the next summer setup I might want to look for 2014 Mazda6 17"x7.5" wheels...

TireRack.com shows their wheels on the vehicle, and starts with the stock wheels, but that still wouldn't show you an OEM wheel on a different model than it came on.

Mazda3 newby here. Got my 2014 in April. Lookin at winter tires. Q will 16" 2004 Mazda3 OEM wheels fit exactly same on
My 2014 Mazda3 iTouring 5 door w 16" wheels? I guess my Q is - is the bolt pattern same?

Sorry for thread hijack - figured Id reuse a similar one than create a brand new one. --newb

To find out, go to www.tirerack.com where you can compare. A quick check shows that:

Bolt pattern is the same (5-114)
Offset is a bit different (46mm for the 2004 and 40mm for the 2014)
Backspacing is close (5.75 (2004) vs 5.55 (2014)

It looks like the tire aspect ratios were different (205/55/16 vs 205/60/16), but that shouldn't matter.

The other dimension (if you want to use wheels without requiring spacing rings to hub centre) is the centre hole size. That seems to have been the same for all Mazdas for years, so it seems unlikely to have changed.

Back