1999 Mazda Protege 1.8L headers?

I have recently bought a 1999 mazda protege ES. I am looking to find a set of aftermarket headers but I can’t seem to find any that are a for sure fit.

Idk where you’re based but these are from Australia. I put them on about a year ago and they’ve been great.
There is a gasket between the back end of headers and the cat that allows movement which I couldn’t find a replacement for so I ended up getting a flex join. You’ll also need to remove one of the horizontal supports from the old exhaust. Just two bolts from memory. Installing only took a couple hours and then 30 mins with the exhaust guys for the flex join.

Attachments

• 75168287-CAD0-4569-A1FA-496084E3BE49.jpeg
    75168287-CAD0-4569-A1FA-496084E3BE49.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

Idk where you’re based but these are from Australia. I put them on about a year ago and they’ve been great.
There is a gasket between the back end of headers and the cat that allows movement which I couldn’t find a replacement for so I ended up getting a flex join. You’ll also need to remove one of the horizontal supports from the old exhaust. Just two bolts from memory. Installing only took a couple hours and then 30 mins with the exhaust guys for the flex join.
Well I’m out of Canada so those don’t ship to where I am I’m just wondering if it’s worth trying grab a stock manifold flanged and buy an after market header cut that flanged off and weld it on I can’t seem to find header nearly anywhere for my car I also don’t know if the 2.0 from the protege 5 bolts up to it

Upvote 0
Another question for you as well then do you recommend Any exhaust systems or is it something I should just make myself
I haven’t got anything aftermarket between the extractors and muffler. And I haven’t actually done any specific research as to whether a aftermarket system exists for the car either but I haven’t come across any while searching for other things. Can’t help you there sorry.

Upvote 0
I haven’t got anything aftermarket between the extractors and muffler. And I haven’t actually done any specific research as to whether a aftermarket system exists for the car either but I haven’t come across any while searching for other things. Can’t help you there sorry.
Well appreciate the help with the headers cheers man

Upvote 0
Back