'19 CX-5 Front end appearance care/cleaning Q: grill black areas tips?

I really appreciate input from my previous post on how to care for paint on our new CX-5, with 655 miles on it. I feel much better now, thank you all. Next, my question is how do you all deal with the Grill??? When looking at this car initially, the first thing my wife said is, "how in the world do you clean that grill??!! Yes, it's the one that looks like an egg carton with smaller, multiple protruding, "points." I guess a brush with longer bristles is the only thing, but perhaps some of you have a better idea.
Second, the black ground effects stuff in the front that has a textured feel. That material does not seem to lend itself to waxing, I guess soap cleaning, but are there conditioners or protective coatings you use on that. Great nose on this car for collecting bugs and debris and I'm trying to get a plan to deal with it all.
Thoughts appreciated,
Dennis

I have access to a garden hose. So I clean the grill by spraying water downward on the grill, use a bucket with a good car soap in it, and use a mirco fiber encased sponge to wipe it down. Then hose off and dry. I don't think a brush is necessary, basically wash it like the rest of the car while washing the car. There will most likely be more good suggestions on ways to clean the grill.

Back