15" Rims that fit the MSP

Katya4me

Autox Junkie
:
Laser Blue '03 P5
1) '91 15"x6" FC rims w/ a 40 offset* (machined to fit rear hubs)
2) 15" Probe GT wheels
3) 15" Rota Slipstreams
4) 15"x7" Enkei RF-1 w/ a 45 offset*
5) 15"x7" Fittipaldi w/ a 37 offset* (Dremeled to fit hubs, not recommended on the rears)
6) 15"x6" steelies from a Mazda3 and I don't know anything else about them offhand.*

I know that 15" MX-6 and 626 rims fit on the sedan and P5, but do not have confirmation for the MSP at present.

*all testfitted on our MSP and P5. One other item to note is that these rims did rub the calipers w/ wheel weights on the inside. So either take off the weights, or get ones for the outside of the wheel.

Please feel free to add to this list and sticky if appropriate. Thanks.

For larger wheel sizes, please consult Rishie's Fitment Recipe: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9129

Last edited:
My steelies for my winters fit fine, if the Jensen guy was right they supposedly come off a 626 (I think...lol), if not that is was some 'older' Mazda sedan, did any Protege's ever come with steelies/hubcaps?

I just made a thread wondering if the 95-97 626 15" alloys would fit:

Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.50 or 5 x 114.3
Rim Width: 6"
Rim Diameter (inches): 15 Rim
Offset: 45

Anyone know for sure, I can get them cheap at the junkyard so i might grab one of them and see if they clear the caliper of the MSP

Katya4me said:
1)

I know that 15" MX-6 and 626 rims fit on the sedan and P5, but do not have confirmation for the MSP at present.

They do fit. Very light rim, about 11.5 lbs. I use them for autocross with R compounds on my MSP. It's only a 6in wide tire so you will not be able to mount anything wider then 205's.

If you want these for autocross, they are not the best choice as wider wheels would provide more benefits on the track.

Back