1/4 mile time with Unichip

:
2003.5 Sunlight Silver MSP #1776
Just wanted to see what results any others got with unichip. I ran 14.9 @ 95mph with boost at ten psi and CAI a month ago. Then put unichip in dynoed it and pulled 168 whp and 190 torque. Then went back to track and ran same time 14.9@ 93mph. I am actually pretty pissed. no gain for $900. I do get better gas mileage but if i gave a s*** about that i wouldn't be tuning.

johnfb28 said:
Just wanted to see what results any others got with unichip. I ran 14.9 @ 95mph with boost at ten psi and CAI a month ago. Then put unichip in dynoed it and pulled 168 whp and 190 torque. Then went back to track and ran same time 14.9@ 93mph. I am actually pretty pissed. no gain for $900. I do get better gas mileage but if i gave a s*** about that i wouldn't be tuning.

i ran 14.691 @ 96 mph at 10 psi. no unichip or any other mods, just a mbc. not really impressed with your times. whats your elevation? did you get a good 60' time and stuff? dont mean to knock you but maybe its your driving? it could be a number of things.

you trapped 2mph slower so obviously the times shouldn't be compared. look at your 60', 1/8 et, launching techniques. you probably didn't launch as hard with the unichip but you were able to match your previous time. don't be so quick to blame a mod.

did you dyno the car before unichip?

whether its my driving or not it should be fairly simular each time i go to the track. and should times should improve with different mods. R/T was .662 and 60' was 2.372

map a because in map b the car would hesitate and cel would come on don't really know how to explain it.

Johnfb do you have stock exhaust? That might be your problem also do you have stock intercooler set up. I have run with my mods listed a 13.9 at 101. a few weeks ago at dinwiddie. No unichip no tuning at 10 psi. You might need some more mods.

god created turbo lag so v8s would have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!

what map were you running on the track , id be pretty suprised if it was map b
cuz its def faster then a . i would imagine it would be no contest map B against just a CAI

Damn thats not impressive at all. I ran a 15.0 with just intake at stock boost

try using octane booster for map B itll pull timing in a big way if it senses detonation . that sounds like the case for you
map A isnt really to much faster then stock for me either . its mainly a daily driver map

how can you say don't compare them my first time at track r/t was .888 and 60' 2.424 and second time r/t .662 and 60' 2.372. so now tell me not to blame the ******* mod

try reseting your cel and brewing up 95 octane . and see if that helps map B for you . it worked for me .

ZMN BY U said:
nova whats up man. hows the car any damage
i dunno how man my car was getting bombed with hail . but ive looked over it a million times and i dont see no damage . not complaining just suprised ... it looked like the sky was falling out there

Back