'09 CX-9 Touring + SIRIUS + iPod Integration

Iristyle

I'm looking at a '09 CX-9 Touring model with Bose + Sirius -- no nav. I've seen a lot of info on the old iPod integration model for the 08', problems with Navigation, etc.

However, I also see on Mazdas parts listing, that there are new part numbers for the '09 CX-9 that are different from previous model years.

The harness for non-navigation with SIRIUS is now C9F9-V6-029. In the past, part numbers were C9F2-V6-572 -US and C9F1-V6-261 -- and there seemed to be a ton of confusion over the switch box, aux jack, etc. It seems, based on the parts catalog that this has been straightened out better for '09 as there are two additional harnesses, one with part number C9F4-V6-029 for systems with nav, and one with part number C9F8-V6-029 for radio without SIRIUS.

There is also a new part number for the iPod integration module itself -- TD91-79-CFZ (probably the same thing as the Mazda3 version [aka 2008.5] which is part C2-91-79-CFZ), and this is what I have questions about since searching this forum and general googling has yielded no really useful info on it at all. I would expect all the manuals I've seen online (both at Mazda and Finish Line) pertain to the old version of the module.

- Does this new module integrate better? i.e. will it scroll artist / album text on the LCD or is it limited to a ridiculous playlist setup and only numbers on the LCD like the previous one?
- Does installation of this setup disable the AUX jack?

- Are there better options out there to install assuming this new module works just like the old? i.e. Dice R2... Based on the Dice site I would say that they haven't updated their page with info on the '09 models. I do plan on emailing support there, but wasn't sure if anyone had setup the Dice in an '09 yet.
I've also seen this page for Mazda3 options which I believe should be similar or the same -- http://**********************/index.php?topic=62624.0;all

I want -
- text display on the LCD with album / artist info
- full control through the steering wheel controls

Any help is appreciated.

Dice plugs in through the sat port, so I don't think you can use it if you want to keep sirius. Keep us posted on what you find out with the oem mazda kit. I am wondering if it works with the 2008 nav. the dice unit I have installed is pretty glitchy.

I sent an email to Finish Line about the differences... the guy there said that yes, the parts have been updated, but only because Mazda has a better handle on the wiring / connection issues with Nav, SIRIUS, etc. Apparently nothing has changed with the actual functionality -- its the same stupid setup with just numbers on the LCD and no artist / album text.

I was able to find an updated 2008.5 install guide by the way for the 3 -- http://mazdaipodadapter.ca/pdf/2008.5/Mazda3/Mazda3_08.5-09.pdf

I'm not yet sure if the wiring on the back of the units has changed so that the Dice can be used with SIRIUS... I will have to shoot them an email on that. I *think* that it has, and now there are no issues with having SIRIUS in addition to Ipod controls, but I very well could be wrong. Probably worth checking with GROM and AudioLink as well -- though as with the Dice, there seems to be no shortage of unsatisfied users out there.

This in general *sucks* considering how long the iPod has been the standard portable music player out there. I test drove the Touring edition of the Pilot, and it's integration was pretty well done and it worked with any USB based device to boot. Too bad that hasn't been done on the CX-9.

Of course, I could always swap out the head unit to something after-market, but I'm not sure if I'll lose steering wheel controls, etc. I'll have to look into that...

This in general *sucks* considering how long the iPod has been the standard portable music player out there. I test drove the Touring edition of the Pilot, and it's integration was pretty well done and it worked with any USB based device to boot. Too bad that hasn't been done on the CX-9.

Dude, tell me about it. I am annoyed as well

Back