03' front bumper OE part number?

:
97camaroSS e30 318is Spicy #1348
I have a spicy 03' that an elderly lady decided to turn into me head-on while I was minding my own business at a stop sign. Its a shot in the dark, but my body shop assures me that if they have the OE bumper part number that they WILL get it

I believe it is BN7H-50-031 - Bumper, Front (MPS SUSP)
https://imgur.com/a/YNePrAp
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YNePrAp"><a href="//imgur.com/YNePrAp"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like they're gonna have a real fun time getting the bumper. Mazda shows the regular protege front bumper as the same part number, only with a "-BB" on the end. Turns out the lower grill is split too

Anyone know if the MP3 bumper is the same as the MSP?

MSP bumper is same as MP3's. Worst case scenario, you get a P5 bumper and have the body shop fill in the two holes for the sidemarker lights that only come on the P5 front bumper.

03 MSP had the same front bumper as a P5 or MP3. '03.5 did away with the fog lights for brake ducts but it'll still fit, you just won't have fogs anymore.
Those are just reflectors on the bumper. The side marker lights are on the fenders and weren't there at all for '02

Last edited:
03 MSP had the same front bumper as a P5 or MP3. '03.5 did away with the fog lights for brake ducts but it'll still fit, you just won't have fogs anymore.
Those are just reflectors on the bumper. The side marker lights are on the fenders and weren't there at all for '02

The Protege5 had the parking amber lights in the bumper whereas the MP3/MSP had parking lights built into the headlight housing. The two bumpers have different part numbers.
The 03.5 MSP had an additional "front lip" that replaced the fog lights, but still used the same bumper.
The lights that were on the fender starting in 03 for all Proteges were turn signal indicators.

The 2002 P5 didn't have the side marker lights.

The 2003 P5 had side marker lights.

(In Canada anyway. But I think all of North America)

The 2002 P5 didn't have the side marker lights.

The 2003 P5 had side marker lights.

(In Canada anyway. But I think all of North America)

All P5s had combined reflex reflectors and amber side marker lamps on the front bumper in N America(sedans had these incorporated into the headlamps). In 2003, turn signals were also added to the front fenders.

The Protege5 had the parking amber lights in the bumper whereas the MP3/MSP had parking lights built into the headlight housing. The two bumpers have different part numbers.
The 03.5 MSP had an additional "front lip" that replaced the fog lights, but still used the same bumper.
The lights that were on the fender starting in 03 for all Proteges were turn signal indicators.

I could have sworn the markers on my US P5'a front bumper were just reflectors. Maybe I justt never paid attention though, heh. None at all on my MSP, but it does have lights on the fenders. Also, my bad about the bumper. I should have remembered it's only the lip that's different on the 03.5. I remember when everyone was trying to fit them on their P5s.

Here's my '02 P5:
AutoExe1.jpg

..and my '03.5 MSP:
msp_sunshade.JPG

Last edited:
Oops, I was mixed up with these lights.

Turn signal lights I think?
My car doesn't have them.

I could have sworn the markers on my US P5'a front bumper were just reflectors. Maybe I justt never paid attention though, heh.

Yep, they were probably burned out. US federal vehicle lighting regulations require illuminated amber and red lamps paired with reflex reflectors on the front and rear ends of the car, the CA law is basically a duplicate of FMVS108 with some small changes.

Last edited:
Yea, it is.
Apparently, it was $3,400 new.

But it's half broken and has big fitment issues.

(I got drunk and "tinted" my headlights. Lol)

Back