01 Protege 2L fs engine

Dersulzola

:
2001 Protege 2.0L
Hi guys, new on this forum. Need your help on this issue.
I have 2001 Protg 2.0L 5 speed. It exhibits symptoms of low power at 5th gear and seems to have choppy deceleration and during cruise engine power fluctuates.
Feels like it lacks power at times.
No codes in the system, checked ignition coils and intake. EGR valve was replaced recently, no vacuum leaks.
Checked solenoids VICS and VTCS fuel and purge. Thinking of changing these solenoids.
Any input really appreciated.
regards
D

Sure ask away. Tune up was done in stages I guess. Spark plugs were replaced at around 65k. For proper ngk plugs I believe are platinum. Checked them recently, they are gapped as new. Car has 136k now. PCV was replaced around 100k, Air filter cleaned and or replaced each year depending on condition. Have not replaced coils or wires on this car. Checked resistances of each component as per manual, all within specks and no visible damage or corrosion present on them. EGR was replaced not long ago as stated previously. It idles fine at 750 rpm. What else, TB inspected and cleaned when egr was replaced.
Symptom is hard to describe, feels like it lacks power above 3000rpm,, the kickdown is really long if pedal is pressed to the floor.
or when cruising and gas pedal released a bit , the engine fluctuates and surges a bit. Same thing is happening when using cruise control as well.

Because they are known to fail and you mentioned you have never replaced them. Clean the MAF and check for vacuum leaks.

Back