Xclusive Spy Photos - The Elusive Celebrity GT

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Teams of expert photographers risked thier lives to snap these revealing and rare photos from the proving grounds at Bowling Green, Kentucky. Rumor has it, that the SSR has been shelved in favor of this road ripping performance sedan. Never before seen images hint at V12 power under the racing striped hood. The wing screams subtlety and downforce in the same breath.

Ok, yeah, this was Pro5OnSpeed's last car. Traded in to a no-doubt ecstatic dealership.

Attachments

• celebrity gt.jpg
    celebrity gt.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 667
VERY FAST!

yeah man i had it all! Respect, the Babes, and Performance!
with my 2.25in custom exhaust, and carbuerated 2.8L V-6, with the performance K&N air filter i was the s***!

i had a load of fond memories with that car........ *sigh:'(

i kinda miss it........ KINDA!

i never really knew how fast i had really gone because the speedometer only went to 85, and after that it went into no mans land. but judging by how many seconds it took the needle to come back i would say i got up to 110mph. i also had put on some fogs later, and some fool thought that i wanted to race him once.....

me CaptainKRM and his bro were traveling down one of the roads in a subdivision in Gurnee. we were doing the speed limit because i didnt want to get pulled over because a few minutes before that we had run from an officer that would have pulled me over for speeding on one of the main roads, and that guy was closing fast!

just before i made a left onto one of the twisty roads, some dude in his black corrolla complete with "racing fogs" windsheild nozzle lights, and blarring exhaust came barreling for us in the opposing lane. i was like WTF! he ripped through the corner and came up on my ass. i was like ok b**** lets go! i slammed the gas, tires screeching and everything! we came upon a t intersection and the light just turned red. there where three lanes, and i was about to go screaming through the intersection on a red light! i slammed on the break, and the dude flew right by me, turned the wheel to the left and the car power slid, the body twisted and rolled as the car fell into the ditch and came out! tires screeching all the way! we couldnt believe the audacity of this guy! he came within inches of the light fixture!

i guess everything comes in threes cause kens younger brothers car died at circuit city, cop chased us, and we get into a car chase with some punk ricer. we were on our way to get his bro's car. what a night.......

Attachments

• car chase.jpg
    car chase.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 321
Hah! I drove a Cavlier wagon in high school and remember looking at Celebrity wagons with envy (mostly mock envy, but they were nicer than the Cavalier.) Of course, the ultimate Celebrity was the Eurosport VR:

chevy_euro_vr_1.jpg

chevy_euro_vr_2.jpg

vr_1.jpg

vr_2.jpg

That's totally stock (except for the tint.) Car and Driver joked that the "VR" stood for "Very Red". It's funny that we're talking about these at all, since they are really crappy cars.

There is a 80's yellow Celibrity/Cavilier Coupe around here. I just laugh every tim I see it. Black racing stripes, krylon paint job, fog lights, it's loaded.

And i thought i knew everything about the Celebrity!

s***...... my grandmother really jipped me!

that kicks ass! i wish mine had looked like that! i was actually going to try and make a body kit for it. i dont know how i was going to do it but i wanted too!

on Ebay awhile ago there was a celebrity conversion being sold. it was like one of four convertables in the country! it actually looked good! the dude was selling it for a grand!

I suppose I should put up a picture of CaptainKRM's old car, (now mine)
it the loudest GEO this side of mexico,
200,000 miles still running, AND it has chrome fender skirts, blue under body lights, blue interior lights, a blue light around the dash (that light wire stuff), blue washer lights, a blue neon tube in the trunk to light up the subs, enough bass that is has severely loosened most of the screws holding the interior panells down so it rattles like a b****, the wheel bearings are shot, half shafts are half there

but hey, It still moves (if I'm lucky)

HAHAHA that reminds me

when we used to do our group runs down the highway to see how fast our shitters could go, Pro5 was wondering why his car wouldnt go faster than 85, so having an idea we adjusted the spoiler to a completely flat position, afterwards, it was back to sinking the speedo needle,
I may add that my geo was faster, I paste him once when he was maxed out, yay for toyota engines
I figured out with the help of a friend that unleaded fuel only was about 110, Pro5's needle at that speed just sunk somewhere under the dash

now he and my brother have new toys and they can totaly leave me in the dust :'(

aric you forgot to mention....

Aric you forgot to mention that during that run, you were inches from my bumper drafting my ass!!! and you still had an inch or two left to give the Ol'Prizim! and as a matter of fact passed me when i was flooring it! HAHAHAHA those were great times!

now i just need to get the Pro5 fixed....

as for the original pics up there.....as they say.....beauty is only skin deep....BUT UGLY GOES TO THE BONE!!

and the sad part is that some kid out there actually LIKES the way that car looks....and thinks its cool....

(stash)

You, SirNuke, you!

its funny you should mention that, i was driving down in Vernon Hills and there were these kids in a blue celebrity with white stripes who saw my car! theirs was all rusted out but the were chearing me on! HAHAHAHAHA:D

You know, aric, i was with mr. pro 5 when you were riding his ass on the expressway, and you would not believe how much self control it took not to start chucking pennie's at your car.. grr.

Pro5.. you wanna talk about crazy, remember the dumb b**** with the gray beretta who almost killed me at a toll booth? yea ya do.....

JasonH said:
<snip> Of course, the ultimate Celebrity was the Eurosport VR:

[That's totally stock (except for the tint.) <snip>

OK, so I'm showing my age here, but that car is not totally stock. The wheels/tires and exhaust tips are aftermarket. I don't think that GM put a wheel/tire combo that big on anything back then, even the Corvette had to do with 17" wheels. I do think that 16" came stock on the VR though. I sold the Oldsmobile equivalent to that car, the Cutlass International series. All pices of crap.

Whoa!

My dad drove an 88' Celebrity Eurosport until October of last year. What a hulking piece of s***. It had 237,000 miles when he donated it to the Kidney Foundation for a tax credit. The first motor self-destructed when the timing gear blew at 110,000 miles. That was the biggest piece of rolling s*** I have ever seen.

HA HA MIKE!!!!!

MIKE ITS YOU!!!!! AWESOME!

yes i remember blasting down the highway racing nicole! those were great times! HAHAHAHAHA

i love your name: Baby Huey... that fits well!

thing is that girl forgot the the way way left lane was for I-Pass, and about 15ft in front of the barrier she swings right into traffic. luckily nobody got smashed..... i couldnt beleive that she actually did that!

Last edited:
Back