2021 CX-9 Carbon doesn’t have the ability to roll down all windows?

Sorry guys. I tried searching the forum for a while but couldn’t find an answer. My ‘21 Carbon doesn’t have the ability to roll down all the windows by pressing the unlock on the key fob. And yes, I’ve tried every iteration (viz., single, double, triple, quadruple click). I’ve watched YouTube videos and am performing it right but also comments in YT videos indicate it works on some CX-9s and not on others. With the summer months here, I’d love for this to work.

It works on my 22 CX-9 GT.

It's unlock, unlock, unlock, unlock + hold until the windows roll down (must hold until the windows are fully down, or to the desired position).

Edit: for additional clarity

Last edited:
It works on my 22 CX-9 GT.

It's unlock, unlock, unlock, unlock + hold until the windows roll down

Darn, just tried on my 2018 and it doesn't work. Would have been nice to have this feature to air the car out a bit as I'm walking to it after sitting in the sun all day.

'21 Carbon here - no combination of button presses works. Never worked before but I though I'd try again using hw4ng3r's sequence, still nothing.

hw4ng3r, I hate you. lol. 😆

You're not missing much...it's so finicky that by the time I finally get it to work, I'm nearly to the car. It's more useful if you're inside and near enough to the car to make it work.

It works on mine CX9 GT 2022. It depends on the range of the remote. You need to press unlock button on your remote total of 4 times. On the 4th press you need to hold it for at least 3 seconds. Maybe even 5 and do not let go until the windows start moving down. The moment you let go of the button the windows stop moving and the whole procedure is cancelled.

Last edited:
Sounds like it was introduced on '22 models.

I just went though some of the other forums and you tube videos and you are right. They introduced this feature in 2022.

'21 Carbon here - no combination of button presses works. Never worked before but I though I'd try again using hw4ng3r's sequence, still nothing.

hw4ng3r, I hate you. lol. 😆
Ahh sorry lol.

Like others have said, it's not the most useful function. In the 2 years of having this vehicle, I may have used it 5 times.

And they didn't give us a way to roll it back up with the fob!

Back