Doing my transfer case oil change and got this when taking off the panel?!

:
Canada
:
2017 Mazda CX5 GT 2.5
What is this? Doing my transfer case oil change and got this when taking off the panel. I can't seem to locate this anywhere.

2017 CX-5 2.5 GT

Any ideas?
Thank you!

IMG-0396.JPG
IMG-0397.JPG

Mazda 3 Block Heater Install
from this looks like is when dealer/Mazda installed the block heater needs to remove this first?
I guess they dropped it and left in my car? (I am from Canada, so it came with block heater)

Last edited:
Looks like an oil drain plug to me but without any reference, no idea how large it is.

Mazda 3 Block Heater Install
from this looks like is when dealer/Mazda installed the block heater needs to remove this first?
I guess they dropped it and left in my car? (I am from Canada, so it came with block heater)

Very possible. Unfortunately I also have a block heater on my car so I wouldn't be able to look at mine and verify.

Just like the thing at 8'45'' here.

It does looks like the engine block coolant plug. The only problem to me is nobody here is aware of that there’s an engine block coolant plug exists on SkyActiv-G engines. This’s a great news for DIYers doing the coolant replacement!

Last edited:
It does looks like the engine block coolant plug. The only problem to me is nobody here is aware of that there’s an engine block coolant plug exists on SkyActiv-G engines. This’s a great news for DIYers doing the coolant replacement!
Hi @yrwei52. so from the video (I didn't go through all details) need take this out and let all engine coolant out, then plug in the block heater into the same place.

So I guess I should not worry about it?

Back