How many miles on your CX-5?

CX-5 year? 2013 GT, 2016 GT teck isense _______________
CX-5 miles? 55,000 5000______________
CX-5 issues till date? adjust low beam lights ____________________
CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent]Self _______________
Comments: Great CUV 32, 29 average mpg. MISS GPS integrated traffic on 2016 that 2013 has. Would pay more for memory seat, rear AC vents. ____________

How many miles in your CX-5?

CX-5 year? 2016
CX-5 miles? 21800
CX-5 issues till date? rattling, loose cowling, rattle in dash, unknown intermittent squeaking, especiialy in cold (probably in the brakes somewhere)
CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] dealer, so far
Comments My wife and I both love our CX-5

CX-5 year? 2015
CX-5 miles? 5,830
CX-5 issues till date? Transmission replaced in April around 2800 miles, but still having downshifting and throttle issues, which no dealership can figure out. Also has taken me two attempts to get the USB/Bluetooth TSB taken care of, and I'm still waiting for the dealership to finally get the part so they can replace it.
CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] First oil change at 3500 miles at dealership. Now, thinking I should probably start changing it myself because I don't trust any Denver metro Mazda dealerships.
Comments: I love the car, but it's seriously the most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned. I don't feel safe taking it out of town.

CX-5 year? 2014
CX-5 miles? About 30K
CX-5 issues till date?
1. Driver-side mirror shake - fixed after 3 visits (it is not perfectly shake free, but good enough).
2. Hood shake - fixed after 3 visits.
3. USB/Bluetooth module replaced under TSB to resolve no resume of USB playback - now it does resume fairly quickly.
4. 1/3~1/2 quart in 6 months oil consumption, started about a year ago. Now on OEM Mazda oil with Moly, hoping it will make a difference.
5. Oil leak in transfer case - fixed under warranty.
6. Windshield cracked from small rock - paid by insurance.

Comments:
Based on the issues above, this is not a reliable car. It had more issues than most cars I owned.
The main reason I bought it was for its AWD, good gas-millage and its handling. If not for AWD, I would not have bought a CUV.

• CX-5 year? 2015 (delivered 05/2015)
  • CX-5 miles? 8600
  • CX-5 issues till date? none
  • CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] Dealer (2 service appts performed)
Comments:
Only real complaint is wind noise which generates a whistling @ sound 35-50mph - and that it doesn't get driven enough. I carpool to work with my spouse in her Camry Hybrid.

Last edited:
Dang... that is low miles... I'll probably crack 20K next month.

• CX-5 year? 2015 (delivered 05/2015)
  • CX-5 miles? 8600
  • CX-5 issues till date? none
  • CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] Dealer (2 service appts performed)
Comments:
Only real complaint is wind noise which generates a whistling @ sound 35-50mph - and that it doesn't get driven enough. I carpool to work with my spouse in her Camry Hybrid.

How many miles in your cx-5?
*cx-5 year? 2014 Touring AWD (bought in July 2013)
*cx-5 miles? 30,xxx
*cx-5 issues till date? Radio firmware upgrade, wires for the ventilation selector; even selected to blow toward person, it blows to feet also, still happens a little, but a lot better. Vibration on mirror + hood, but dealer cannot diagnose/couldn't replicate problem [bs]
*cx-5 maintenance? [self/dealer/independent] self

Comments: Not too sure about reliability on transmission; one time on highway in traffic, car felt like it went to "neutral" when going uphill when stepped on the gas to get it going. The shifts seems a little bit on the "rough" side for the first, second, and third gear, but haven't driven any other CX-5 or Mazda to see if it is normal feeling.

Comments: Not too sure about reliability on transmission; one time on highway in traffic, car felt like it went to "neutral" when going uphill when stepped on the gas to get it going. The shifts seems a little bit on the "rough" side for the first, second, and third gear, but haven't driven any other CX-5 or Mazda to see if it is normal feeling.

I wonder if a fluid change would smooth things out?

CX-5 year? 2013

CX-5 miles? ~52,000

CX-5 issues till date? None really...maybe a little mirror shake. I think it's b/c it's a base model Manual Trans - the only way to go!

CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] 100% self

Comments: Save the Manual Transmissions

CX-5 year? 2016 GT with tech package.
CX-5 miles? ~12500.
CX-5 issues till date? None.
CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] Dealer oil changes up to this point.
Comments: Bought the vehicle back in early April with 6 miles on the odo. So far it's been as good as advertised, with just a few nagging issues. The nav can be a bit slow to load upon start up. Once it locks in on the vehicle's location it seems to work quite well. Another minor issue is the lack of heat from the heated seats. That's been discussed thoroughly on this board, and is a well known issue. The seat heaters work okay, but IMHO they are a bit wimpy compared to the heaters I've experienced with other vehicles. Mazda needs to address this issue.

The LED headlights are phenomenal. I had never had the pleasure of HID headlights prior to owning the '16 CX-5. It would be terrible to go back to halogen level lighting after having a vehicle with LED/HID, etc. It would be like going back to watching TV without a DVR after having a DVR for a number of years.

Last edited:
Not sure, want to change the transmission fluid, but seems like a difficult task to do... Not really sure what other maintenance to do at 30k miles.

I got a 100K mile warranty and am just leaving it alone. If it makes it 101K miles, I'll say it's done its job and just replace the unit when it grenades.

How many miles in your cx-5?
*cx-5 year? 2014 Touring AWD (bought in July 2013)
*cx-5 miles? 30,xxx
*cx-5 issues till date? Radio firmware upgrade, wires for the ventilation selector; even selected to blow toward person, it blows to feet also, still happens a little, but a lot better. Vibration on mirror + hood, but dealer cannot diagnose/couldn't replicate problem [bs]
*cx-5 maintenance? [self/dealer/independent] self

This transmission feels like a very VERY well driven manual, due to the lack of tq converter involvement at speed. It may well be normal.

Back on topic...

cx-5 year: 2016
cx-5 miles: 21,000
cx-5 issues till date: 1 - Infotainment system started randomly crashing which was resolved a few months back via software update at the dealer.
cx-5 maintenance: Dealer until warranty is up then self

Comments:

So far so good - I can't really complain. I would have expected to be past the "honeymoon" stage by now, but I still find myself loving to drive it.
My wife hit a deer a month ago - the vehicle had minimal damage and took the hit like a champ.

According to the MPG app that I've used on every fill-up since new, my overall MPG average is 28.2.

Last edited:
  • CX-5 year? ____2019___________
  • CX-5 miles? ____47500__________
  • CX-5 issues till date? ________0____________
  • CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] ______oil changes_________
  • Comments _________Good car_______________

• CX-5 year? 2013
  • CX-5 miles? 301,000
  • CX-5 issues till date? hood glue recall, programming recall
  • CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] Self
  • Comments doesn't burn any oil, feels solid everywhere. Anyone else top 300,000?

How often have you changed the transmission fluid and oil?

[*]CX-5 year? 2016.5
[*]CX-5 miles? ~30k
[*]CX-5 issues till date? Zero
[*]CX-5 maintenance? [Self/Dealer/Independent] Self
[*]Comments So far, so good.

Back