PSA Gunther Mazda of Fort Lauderdale Put in the WRONG oil

The Acura dealer got me covered half of my transmission replacement that occurred just outside of their extended warranty. I think it was within the mileage, but a few months outside the time or something.

So it was $2K instead of $4K, I wasn't happy because it was a Honda, at least back then I still expected the drivetrain to be reliable.

If I had used them for the servicing they'd wanted to do, they surely would have covered the whole thing as Goodwill, but I'd still have spent more overall.

Mazda cannot deny a claim as long as you did everything as specified in the Owner's Manual. There is no "ammo" they can use as long as the car is under warranty and isn't voided.

This does come into play when you try to file a claim outside of the warranty period. At that point, they have no incentive to help you out, but if you paid their high shop rates while the car was under warranty, they might throw you a bone. Even then, you only have a better chance of getting a goodwill repair - it's never a guarantee.
You realize they can deny whatever they want, right? I have had things denied over time. They get to make the call on whether, or not, it's covered. If they do deny it, what can an owner do? They can call Mazda about it, who will likely side with the dealership. Then what? Court?

Another way to state that is the dealer likes you better when you give them an extra thousand or two dollars throughout the warranty period.
In my case, not really. I bought the oil change package which includes 6 oil changes for 400 bucks and gets me to 36k. I do my own filters. There won't be any big ticket items at the dealer within the warranty period.

Lol. My step father LOVES this dealership and will only have his car serviced there (1995 Miata w/ R Package). He’s a car fanatic and very picky (he used to do it all himself but less so in his 70’s).

Sad you had such bad experience there.

Lol. My step father LOVES this dealership and will only have his car serviced there (1995 Miata w/ R Package). He’s a car fanatic and very picky (he used to do it all himself but less so in his 70’s).

No two dealerships are the same, unfortunately. So much depends on the owner and how it's run.
For those that might remember, I was a Nissan guy for quite a while, and had a great dealership that I did business with. Sales/service, the tech guys, the parts guy were all great.
The dealership was then sold to another group. A conglomerate of many dealers took it over.
Within six months they turned over 80% of their staff. People were either let go, transferred or quit.
This place went from a five star to a one star business in that 6 month period.
They have since moved into a smaller location with fewer staff, and horrible service. How they are still in business is beyond me.
If you have a good dealer, count yourself lucky.

Seems to be a lot of people actually have had a bad experience there as of late. I guess google does not show the real reviews like yelp or the BBB. They seem to flag the bad ones as they did with mine probably since I have the picture to back it up.

I would have you Step father review his invoices and see what oil they put in his car and compare it to the manual.

Seems to be a lot of people actually have had a bad experience there as of late. I guess google does not show the real reviews like yelp or the BBB. They seem to flag the bad ones as they did with mine probably since I have the picture to back it up.
I stopped trusting google reviews, or pretty much any user reviews on any website, as they are mostly manipulated, or faked.
I have personally seen a review on a VRBO property that was newly listed in Florida that I looked at and actually talked to the owners about. It was OK, but nothing special. A few days later, a glowing review of this property talking about how great it was, etc etc, appeared on the listing. The review was written by the owners.

Everything today is manipulated. VRBO's and home for sale listings used photoshopped pictures which completely distort the real look of the place. I recently took a trip to TN and rented a cabin. What looked fantastic in the photos was a very run down, tired cabin with a crazy driveway to traverse to get to the cabin. None of this was disclosed in the listing.

Ya, I hear ya.
When I'm looking at vacation properties on sites like VRBO, I try to figure out the address as close as I can. Then I go to Google Earth and street view to see the real thing.
Sometimes the pics are as advertised, and sometimes they are photo-shopped to remove neighbouring houses or buildings.
I also 'roam' around the area to see what the neighbourhood is really like.

*Sorry to the mod for going slightly off topic.

I have an outstanding Mazda dealer at Fort Myers MAZDA. In FL. In the past I have rebuilt engines from the ground up and when I see torque wrenches being adjusted and used I like it.

Back