Dash on my 2013 AWD CX-5 flashing

Ready To Ride

:
protege 5
Not too sure what's going on with my cx-5. No warning or anything. But driving 60mph after just getting on the fwy, my needles redlined, and all my dash lights flashed. Car lagged for a second, and keep driving. All ABS and check engine lights stayed on, the rest turned off. I parked, turned it off for a few hours, started it again, and all lights went off. Drove around the block, and check engine light came back on. I misplaced my reader, and auto zone doesn't want to loan there's out in the rain. Battery was just replaced, and it starts right up, so I'm ruling out bettery and alternator.
I've made an appointment with Mazda, but don't want to show up not knowing what's going on, then get robbed. Hoping someone has experienced this issue, and can point me in the right direction. Pic attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230314_181147_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230314_181147_Gallery.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 88
Battery just replaced? I'd check to see if the terminals were tight enough and CLEAN. Easiest thing you can do right now.
Thanks for the reply, and you're right, that could be one of the issues. I've learned that with this car, my gages have gone haywire if the terminals are loose, or the batter is bad.
I found my code reader after digging. P0685 code. Going to a local shop before the dealer. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
If anyone every comes across this issue. This could be one reason.

Last edited:
Back