Need Bose tuning/adjustment help (2023 CX-5)

:
2023 CX5 turbo
So be gentle and talk to me like I am a 6 year old as I am a bit tone deaf and an audio idiot. I always thought a center dash speaker in my 1978 f150 sounded fine listening to the am radio or 8 track lol...any way my new 2023 cx5 turbo is supposed to have the fancy 10 speaker Bose system. I have messed with the adjustments and really don't hear much of a difference but again I am tone deaf. How should I set it up so my passenger(s) have the best sound experience? mostly listen to 70''s and 80's soft rock and rock and roll with some old school country thrown in. FM radio, SirrusXM radio (usually the bridge, classic vinyl or outlaw country) Pandora etc. and some AM talk radio from time to time. Here is what it looks like on my infotainment screen. where should I adjust things to? thanks

IMG_3190.jpg
IMG_3191.jpg

Personally, based on what you're listening to, I would adjust the bass to whatever level you like, then adjust the treble to either one level higher or lower than the bass.

I tune the fader slightly towards the front if it's just me or my family in the car. For a long drive with other adults, I tune it slightly towards the rear.

I think many turn Centerpoint off completely, but I would experiment with all four settings to see what you like. Turn Audiopilot off completely.

My CX-9 has the older Bose system that has fewer adjustments, and I prefer the settings above when I listen to rock, soft rock, and alt rock,

Personally, based on what you're listening to, I would adjust the bass to whatever level you like, then adjust the treble to either one level higher or lower than the bass.

I tune the fader slightly towards the front if it's just me or my family in the car. For a long drive with other adults, I tune it slightly towards the rear.

I think many turn Centerpoint off completely, but I would experiment with all four settings to see what you like. Turn Audiopilot off completely.

My CX-9 has the older Bose system that has fewer adjustments, and I prefer the settings above when I listen to rock, soft rock, and alt rock,
I am tone deaf ie I can tell no difference between any setting I can have base on 1 or 9 and it sounds the same to me. same with treble. I am just trying to find a setting I can put it on so when the stereo is on the front seat passenger has decent music without fiddling around. for me listening to an old speaker in the center of the dash with no adjustments always sounded fine. It is rare anyone will be in the backseat except the dog. I literally can tell zero difference with the adjusting the center point. Crazy thing is I like listening to music just want to make sure the passenger who is not tone deaf is getting good audio. thanks

I would set the Bass & Treble to center (0), faders to center, Centerpoint off, and Audiopilot to 1 or 2. (Note: AudioPilot does not alter tone, but just automatically raises/lowers the volume based on car speed & ambient noise.)

I would set the Bass & Treble to center (0), faders to center, Centerpoint off, and Audiopilot to 1 or 2. (Note: AudioPilot does not alter tone, but just automatically raises/lowers the volume based on car speed & ambient noise.)
what exactly does centerpoint do?

It's a sound processor, so it modifies the sound away from the original fidelity. Some people might like it. I think it muddies the sound stage, so switch it off.

bass +3
treble +4 or 5
fader front +1
centerpoint 2
That sounds good to myself, similar music.

audiopilot is hit and miss, often times it does more harm then help.

It's a sound processor, so it modifies the sound away from the original fidelity. Some people might like it. I think it muddies the sound stage, so switch it off.
i guess that is one advantage of being tone deaf..I really can't tell the difference in any of the settings, I think they all sound good :)

btw the centerpoint in the 2022 is much better than the one in my 2018. On the 2018 it seem Off is better, while on the 2022 it has 2 stages and sounds much better with "On"

what exactly does centerpoint do?
Whatever it does it isn't good. Your adjustments seem pretty good. I'd up the treble a point or two.
Your adjustments mirror mine and I've been pretty happy.
Don't turn Centerpoint on.

Hey everyone.. I've got a 21 cx5 non Bose system. Has anyone found any kind of audio diagram.. "color codes" or anything on the amp pinouts? I'm trying to put sub and amp in but I can't find anything about the 2021.

So be gentle and talk to me like I am a 6 year old as I am a bit tone deaf and an audio idiot. I always thought a center dash speaker in my 1978 f150 sounded fine listening to the am radio or 8 track lol...any way my new cx5 turbo is supposed to have the fancy 10 speaker Bose system. I have messed with the adjustments and really don't hear much of a difference but again I am tone deaf. How should I set it up so my passenger(s) have the best sound experience? mostly listen to 70''s and 80's soft rock and rock and roll with some old school country thrown in. FM radio, SirrusXM radio (usually the bridge, classic vinyl or outlaw country) Pandora etc. and some AM talk radio from time to time. Here is what it looks like on my infotainment screen. where should I adjust things to? thanks

The Blose system in my '16.5 was s****. My '15 was even worse! I disconnected the center dash speaker, replaced ALL of the 3.5" speakers and used a Spectrum Analyzer to eq what was left. In my system, the new speakers make the treble flat at "0". The bass is almost flat at "-6", the most I can turn it down. If both were set to " 0", the response curve was the horrible smiley shape.

You can use FM inter-station hiss and a program like this:
To adjust the tone controls to make the response as flat as possible (G notes are not unnaturally louder than a D).

No one spends less on components and charges more for them than Blose.

Personally I always fade a little to the rear, although I don't have the fancy A pillar tweeters like you folks do. :( The best speakers are in the back and I've just always thought it sounded best that way.

So be gentle and talk to me like I am a 6 year old as I am a bit tone deaf and an audio idiot. I always thought a center dash speaker in my 1978 f150 sounded fine listening to the am radio or 8 track lol...any way my new 2023 cx5 turbo is supposed to have the fancy 10 speaker Bose system. I have messed with the adjustments and really don't hear much of a difference but again I am tone deaf. How should I set it up so my passenger(s) have the best sound experience? mostly listen to 70''s and 80's soft rock and rock and roll with some old school country thrown in. FM radio, SirrusXM radio (usually the bridge, classic vinyl or outlaw country) Pandora etc. and some AM talk radio from time to time. Here is what it looks like on my infotainment screen. where should I adjust things to? thanks

View attachment 317389View attachment 317390
The Mazda's 10 speaker Bose sound system is specifically tuned for the front passengers only. The placement of the speakers is good, but the power is fed by a terribly low power amplifier. In order to mitigate this, Bose uses softwares like Centerpoint and AudioPilot, which have their own pros and cons. This is my suggestion.

Bass = +3
Treble = 0
Stereo Mode = Standard
Turn off Center point and Audio Pilot
This combination ensures the best clarity of the sound spectrum.

Now, adjust the "Fader" all the way to the rear, and keep on bringing it to the front. The best point I observed is 1/4th right from the "0", so it might work for your passengers as well.

Also, do not cover/block the openings in the cargo area as shown in the below picture. That's where the sound from the subwoofer travels to the cabin. This is also the reason why Mazda offers a split design cargo mat (one main and two separate side covers). If you are looking to buy a cargo mat, do not buy a single unit which blocks the two openings.

1678751611809.jpg

Good Luck.

so those with the Bose what level do you have your volume set at?
Wherever I need it to be! Depends on the music I am listening to, the medium, am I alone, are the windows open...

The Mazda's 10 speaker Bose sound system is specifically tuned for the front passengers only. The placement of the speakers is good, but the power is fed by a terribly low power amplifier. In order to mitigate this, Bose uses softwares like Centerpoint and AudioPilot, which have their own pros and cons. This is my suggestion.

Bass = +3
Treble = 0
Stereo Mode = Standard
Turn off Center point and Audio Pilot
This combination ensures the best clarity of the sound spectrum.

Now, adjust the "Fader" all the way to the rear, and keep on bringing it to the front. The best point I observed is 1/4th right from the "0", so it might work for your passengers as well.

Also, do not cover/block the openings in the cargo area as shown in the below picture. That's where the sound from the subwoofer travels to the cabin. This is also the reason why Mazda offers a split design cargo mat (one main and two separate side covers). If you are looking to buy a cargo mat, do not buy a single unit which blocks the two openings.

View attachment 317792

Good Luck.
so far this sounds the best of the suggestions I have tried.

Wherever I need it to be! Depends on the music I am listening to, the medium, am I alone, are the windows open...
I rarely have my windows down. I have read that the Bose system does not really kick in unless the volume is really high and at 64yoa I really don't enjoy blasting my ears out :).

Back