2017~2024 Not impressed with Mazda CX-5 dead pedal cover

:
2023 CX5 turbo
Way over priced for what it is. I guess I should have did a little more research. For some reason I thought it would have rubber nubs but just a flat piece of aluminum with holes.

IMG_3235.jpg

Wow... and it costs $45 Canadian. I understand that using screws is the safest option but they really couldn't do better than choosing two random holes for it?
Also is it just me or is it installed the wrong way? Currently it doesn't look parallel to the edges of the footrest area.

This is how it looks like on Mazdashop.ca
Alloy-Accelerator-Pedal-Mazda-CX-5-2017-2022-2_5000x.jpg

And just for fun, this is how a cheap Aliexpress set looks like
Aa181877ccd4a442987e04c9c7e6c621au.jpg

Yeah I think it may be installed incorrectly, might need to flip it like @mrplt suggested. That does look pretty disappointing for an OEM accessory. All the dirt/sand/salt would get caught in the holes and eventually make it's way behind the cover. I'd return it and look into an alternative, if possible.

ok I am an idiot lol. I figured the "Mazda and" engraving would be facing out, but i was wrong. still over priced for what it is but at least it looks a bit better. thanks..
IMG_3242.jpg

I wish there was a way to reduce the angle. It's too steep for my liking.
it is just a styrofoam piece that makes the wedge under the carpet so it would be easy adjust the angle by slicing the styrofoam to whatever angle you wanted but getting the carpet to lay right would be the hard part.

it is just a styrofoam piece that makes the wedge under the carpet so it would be easy adjust the angle by slicing the styrofoam to whatever angle you wanted but getting the carpet to lay right would be the hard part.
Which is why I haven't attempted it myself yet lol. I saw a video about a Miata driver that removed it completely. I just don't have the guts to try it.

Yeah I think it may be installed incorrectly, might need to flip it like @mrplt suggested. That does look pretty disappointing for an OEM accessory. All the dirt/sand/salt would get caught in the holes and eventually make it's way behind the cover. I'd return it and look into an alternative, if possible.

The stuff of nightmares. Im not super impressed with the dead pedal coverage of the weather tech mats vs say the Mazda Canada / Spyder mats but that pedal cover just screams dirt trap.

The stuff of nightmares. Im not super impressed with the dead pedal coverage of the weather tech mats vs say the Mazda Canada / Spyder mats but that pedal cover just screams dirt trap.
I am actually going to seal it from the backside with some vinyl wrap. when I ordered I thought it had the little rubber nubs. pretty disappointing for sure.

This is why I like to buy this kind of junk on Amazon Prime when possible, for easy and free returns. eBay (my second choice) is a pain and you have to pay to ship it back. Sometimes AliExpress has the same item for a little cheaper than eBay. No returns when you waste your money there.

The funny thing is, the cheaper Aliexpress kit actually looks like a better fit and certainly better value than the Mazda part.

I have a set from AliExpress (like Chocolate linked). Work fine and have worn well for the past 3 years.

Here's mine. Think I paid about $30 for all three pedals on Ebay. Have official MazdaSpeed logos.

C7BByJP.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had my aliexpress ones affixed to the dead pedal spot with Velcro tape for over 3 years. Zero issues.

Having said that, my Spyder mats cover the pedal, lol.

I didn’t want to use the screws and the tape has really held rock solid.

Yep, just used double sided tape for the dead pedal with no issues.

I finally took a few panels off and pulled up the carpet. The dead pedal and floor all the way over to the accelerator is Styrofoam but it's one piece. Getting it out looks to be a bit of a PITA.

I just use the 3 piece set of Amazon. Works and fits great with no issues over the past 8 months. And no need to trim any kind of Styrofoam since my mats fully cover the dead pedal.

Back