Tallest tires you can run on a 2012 Mazda5?

New tire time, and I'd like to squeeze a little more ground clearance out of my 2012 5 Sport if possible without getting into serious mods or detriment to handling/performance. I know it's always a trade off, but what's the tallest tire folks have run on these without serious ill effect?

Attachments

• 20210822_071011.jpg
    20210822_071011.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 94
No serious issues yet, but it's just a matter of time. No plans to do any extreme offroading, but there are always surprises on those forest service roads, especially when you're loaded down as show in the above photo.

Upvote 0
Don't know about tire height limit but these options can achieve what you are looking for.

stock springs are progressive so you lose spring travel (height). These spacers are easy to install and make up for the lost height at the expense of trading-off the initial comfy spring travel (debatable if you really feel it for small lift).

Leveling kit or body lift kit. Add extra height via spaces on top of the sturt or shock/spring. Car drives just like normal, only higher center of gravity and slightly more stress on axles (depending on much lift you go).

Upvote 0
Back