What have you done to your CX-5 today?

No, you have a 2016 CX-5 Touring; and the headlights are standard halogen. It’s possible the previous owner installed a pair of H11 compatible LED bulbs for the low beams so that the lights look like white.

Here’s what the optional factory LED headlight with LED Signature DRL looks like:

Agree with @yrwei52, they are probably LED replacement bulbs, or "xenon" bulbs as @HyFlyer mentioned. They could also be HID bulbs. When you check under the hood, if you can see a ballast attached to the wiring coming off of the bulb socket, they are HID bulbs.

Got in my car today and had a total of 8 errors, including a check engine light. Ran a scan tool and had no error codes and was able to erase the SES light but still have the following lights flashing… 2019 gt-reserve…. Only 16k miles… any ideas?

E081332C-74EE-49D3-97B2-74CD2CD2EDC5.jpeg
C58D416D-519E-485E-B4B2-D2BFC8A3DB32.jpeg

@Jef ... How's the battery would be my first thought.
Never needed a jump and never stutters when starting. I’ve read about the battery ans a possible issue. Thinking about throwing some jumper Cables on while idling and checking if it’ll change anything. Also checked my brake fluid reservoir and it’s mid level between full/low.

Never needed a jump and never stutters when starting. I’ve read about the battery ans a possible issue. Thinking about throwing some jumper Cables on while idling and checking if it’ll change anything. Also checked my brake fluid reservoir and it’s mid level between full/low.
I still suspect battery condition. It has been my experience that all these fancy systems are really picky about voltage. Applying jumper cables while idling isn't going to make the car happy. It's before/during the start that the voltage / draw on the battery is causing problems (IMHO)

Have you checked your electrolyte levels in the battery cells? These batteries require periodic maintenance (topping up the 6 cells with distilled water) . Your 2019 is 4ish years old now and that seems to be end of lifespan for modern batteries.

What is the "scan tool" you used to check system? It may not be scanning all the car systems. From the lights on your dash, I'd guess it's something in the ABS system that's tripping everything else.

I still suspect battery condition. It has been my experience that all these fancy systems are really picky about voltage. Applying jumper cables while idling isn't going to make the car happy. It's before/during the start that the voltage / draw on the battery is causing problems (IMHO)

Have you checked your electrolyte levels in the battery cells? These batteries require periodic maintenance (topping up the 6 cells with distilled water) . Your 2019 is 4ish years old now and that seems to be end of lifespan for modern batteries.

What is the "scan tool" you used to check system? It may not be scanning all the car systems. From the lights on your dash, I'd guess it's something in the ABS system that's tripping everything else.
I felt like 4 years was long enough, but with experience with other cars/batteries I always got a slow start/crank or obvious signs of wear. Going to check the water levels and add water asap. Let’s see if that helps. If not, I’ll start with a new battery. I’ll keep you posted 🙌🏻👌🏻

Amazon and they are two pieces. they specifically state only for vehicles that run the plate bracket. if you search amazon for cx5 lower grill insert it will pop up.

No need to dox my sibling, but I picked up Vanna White this evening after work. It really felt like everyone bent over backwards for me in this whole situation, which was not at all what I was expecting. Shoutout to Duluth Enterprise for reimbursing all of my out of pocket costs when I mentioned the fans and CarPlay not working on my rental. Now to get CarPlay installed on this one.

Attachments

• EDA751AF-093C-408F-B8DF-30539A312D67.jpeg
    EDA751AF-093C-408F-B8DF-30539A312D67.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 64
Quite a few things. Firstly I installed a bunch of accessories (here).
The car was on with the engine off while installing the accessories. When I started the car an hour later, I got a parking brake error and the parking brake wouldn't release. Dealer said it had to be towed. I ran the car for 10-15 minutes, restarted it and it was just fine. I went to the dealership the next day, they said it was because of the battery voltage. They said they tested the battery and that it was fine, so it's most probably because the car was on for around an hour with the engine off.

Lastly, had a weekend getaway (500 kilometers, ~310 miles). Averaged 8.3L/100km (28.3mpg) on the way there (130-140kph) and 7.2L/100km (32.7mpg) on the way back (110-120kph)

Add a dongle~
Is it usable with the rotary dial? I'm thinking of getting one as well but mine doesn't have a touchscreen.

Is it usable with the rotary dial? I'm thinking of getting one as well but mine doesn't have a touchscreen
Yes, you can still use the commander knob with the dongle. The dongle will give you wireless ACP or AA if you have them via wired.

I had success with the Ottacast U2-Air in our CX-5 (will only work on vehicles with factory wired ACP). For AA, I use the MA-1 dongle in my Miata.

Yes, you can still use the commander knob with the dongle. The dongle will give you wireless ACP or AA if you have them via wired.

I had success with the Ottacast U2-Air in our CX-5 (will only work on vehicles with factory wired ACP). For AA, I use the MA-1 dongle in my Miata.
Thanks. I already have a Wireless CarPlay adapter. I think @abbadi got one of the "AI" boxes that has Android built-in and I was wondering if that interface was easy to use with the knob.

Quite a few things. Firstly I installed a bunch of accessories (here).
The car was on with the engine off while installing the accessories. When I started the car an hour later, I got a parking brake error and the parking brake wouldn't release. Dealer said it had to be towed. I ran the car for 10-15 minutes, restarted it and it was just fine. I went to the dealership the next day, they said it was because of the battery voltage. They said they tested the battery and that it was fine, so it's most probably because the car was on for around an hour with the engine off.

View attachment 317766

Lastly, had a weekend getaway (500 kilometers, ~310 miles). Averaged 8.3L/100km (28.3mpg) on the way there (130-140kph) and 7.2L/100km (32.7mpg) on the way back (110-120kph)

Is it usable with the rotary dial? I'm thinking of getting one as well but mine doesn't have a touchscreen.
yes. And you can also add a Bluetooth air mouse.

Thanks. I already have a Wireless CarPlay adapter. I think @abbadi got one of the "AI" boxes that has Android built-in and I was wondering if that interface was easy to use with the knob.
yes. The one I got has Android built-in. It is Android 12.0 system. (8+128G memory)

Was getting 8 system malfunctions last week including Smart city brake support and smart brake system malfunction. Spoke to the dealership and they leaned toward needing a new battery. Tested the battery and it was constant at 11.5v when vehicle was off and 13.5 when running.

Swapped it out for a new battery and it’s holding 13.5v off. Only issue is all the lights are on still and now include a check engine light for P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction.

Running out of ideas and patience at this point. Dealer wants $199 to do a basic diagnosis and can’t guarantee to figure out the issue in the basic diagnosis.

Any ideas? Help needed. Thanks!

Was getting 8 system malfunctions last week including Smart city brake support and smart brake system malfunction. Spoke to the dealership and they leaned toward needing a new battery. Tested the battery and it was constant at 11.5v when vehicle was off and 13.5 when running.

Swapped it out for a new battery and it’s holding 13.5v off. Only issue is all the lights are on still and now include a check engine light for P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction.

Running out of ideas and patience at this point. Dealer wants $199 to do a basic diagnosis and can’t guarantee to figure out the issue in the basic diagnosis.

Any ideas? Help needed. Thanks!

Check to make sure all battery connections are tight and secure and free of corrosion. Kind of a long shot, but maybe some rodents are munching on a wiring harness?

Either way, as a last resort, I would try taking it to an independent mechanic for diagnosis. They will likely do the exact same thing that the dealer tech would do, but at a much lower rate.

Check to make sure all battery connections are tight and secure and free of corrosion. Kind of a long shot, but maybe some rodents are munching on a wiring harness?

Either way, as a last resort, I would try taking it to an independent mechanic for diagnosis. They will likely do the exact same thing that the dealer tech would do, but at a much lower rate.
Brand new battery, and the terminals still looked brand new. I’ll double check them. Curious about the engine light now since the other malfunctions have been Around for over a week but the engine code is new.

this is my 2nd cx5… my wife’s 2021 cx9 returns from lease in September and it’s not looking good for a new Mazda in my life.

Back