LOC necessary for amp/speaker upgrade?

Hey guys,
I am upgrading the front and rear speakers in my 2019 CX5 touring non-Bose with Hertz DCX 165.3 and a JBL Stage A6004 amp to power them. Do I need a LOC or any other hardware if the amp has pre-amp and speaker level inputs? Thanks a lot

Nope. Your amp has built-in high level inputs. Use those instead of the RCA's.

Yes will need an LOC/2. I did allot of research on upgrading the suvmwoofer and Crutchfield was insistent the need for an LOC 2 to clean the aignal before going to the amp.

Yes will need an LOC/2. I did allot of research on upgrading the suvmwoofer and Crutchfield was insistent the need for an LOC 2 to clean the aignal before going to the amp.
Almost all modern amplifiers, including the exact one he chose, have built-in LOC's. The need for an additional outboard one is pretty rare today.

About the only time you need something like that would be if you're doing an integration with a factory amplifier that has built-in crossovers and phase shifting (unscientifically called time alignment) like the Bose system. But even then, a cheap LOC wouldn't be what you would need, you'd need either an iDataLink Maestro AR (if one is available for your car), or a DSP like the JL Audio Cleansweep or similar. Those take all of the factory speaker outputs, even the subwoofer, and sum them all together, flatten them, make sure they are all in correct phase, and then make a clean, solid, full range output that your new stereo can take advantage of. No cheap LOC will or even can do this.

Last edited:
Back