Mazda CX-5 comparison test drives

I’m still on the fence about the cx50 and since there is no dealership near me that has one available, I’m going to keep wondering. I still have my eye on getting a 2022 or 2023 CX9 Signature next year (slightly used). Though I was surprised by how much road noise on the highway was still making it into the cabin compared to the 2023 Chevy Blazer I had test drove before. Both had the 20” wheels on them.

The CX-9 has a pretty quiet cabin, so that is surprising. I have had a 2018 and 2021 and on both, I started getting road noise as the tires wore out. But otherwise, when new or with fresh tires, pretty quiet.

I would say that the 2018 was quieter than the 2021, which has more engine noise.

The CX-9 has a pretty quiet cabin, so that is surprising. I have had a 2018 and 2021 and on both, I started getting road noise as the tires wore out. But otherwise, when new or with fresh tires, pretty quiet.

I would say that the 2018 was quieter than the 2021, which has more engine noise.
It was a new one I had taken out. i don’t think trim level would have any effect on nvh. Maybe going down to the 18” wheels? I know if I get a signature trim, I will be running 18” all weather all terrain tires. I guess I really shouldn’t be complaining about noise if I go that route.

we recently had our crv touring taken out by a driver who thought stop signs were optional. We had planned on getting another Honda crv. the other person's insurance put us in a rental cx5 while they were waiting to see what our damages on the crv were. I ended up liking the cx 5 enough to test drive a new one in a turbo edition. ..
Congrats. Sorry to hear about your CR-V but excited for you to get to know your new CX5. Interesting comparo of the sales approach on the different brands. I enjoy my Mazda dealer as well which makes a big difference when car shopping. I suspect you will get to love the engine more and more. It's got so much low end power that it's a breeze to drive leisurely as it never seems to be working too hard. As others have said, you're not the first to note the seats in the CX50 being problematic for comfort!

Congrats. Sorry to hear about your CR-V but excited for you to get to know your new CX5. Interesting comparo of the sales approach on the different brands. I enjoy my Mazda dealer as well which makes a big difference when car shopping. I suspect you will get to love the engine more and more. It's got so much low end power that it's a breeze to drive leisurely as it never seems to be working too hard. As others have said, you're not the first to note the seats in the CX50 being problematic for comfort!
thanks. I have put over 400 miles on in the last week and I have to say I really like the driving experience compared to our CRV. throttle response and the transmission are so much more enjoyable. My wife is still recovering from the accident so can't drive, but still wants to go to work so I take her to work everyday about a 25 mile round trip on a 2 lane 55 mph road with low traffic and with some curves and it is a fun car to take. feels so much more planted than the CRV.

Heck even the Mazda parts department was a pleasant. I went in yesterday and bought a rear trunk protector and ordered a dead head pedal cover and totally different experience then when I go to the Ram dealership for my truck, I mentioned a 10% coupon they had on their website and he was like yup just have to mention it no need to print it off, at my Ram parts counter they look at you like you are lying when you mention they have a coupon on their website. I will say the Honda parts guy is great but he was my neighbor for many years.
IMG_2953-2.jpg

Stopped by the parts department of a Toyota dealer near me getting some maintenance parts and touch-up paint for my daughter’s 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback. Been told the liftgate on the RAV4 was also back ordered like Mazda’s CX-5 several months ago but now no more waiting. For new vehicles there’s still nothing available to seat in or test drive on any fuel-efficient Corolla’s、hybrids、or PHEV Prime’s. The waiting lists on these vehicles are still long, 2-year waiting on a Prius Prime without a trade-in!

Stopped by the parts department of a Toyota dealer near me getting some maintenance parts and touch-up paint for my daughter’s 2022 Toyota Corolla Hatchback. Been told the liftgate on the RAV4 was also back ordered like Mazda’s CX-5 several months ago but now no more waiting. For new vehicles there’s still nothing available to seat in or test drive on any fuel-efficient Corolla’s、hybrids、or PHEV Prime’s. The waiting lists on these vehicles are still long, 2-year waiting on a Prius Prime without a trade-in!
The dealer had plenty of Honda's.

Back