Latest CX-90 teaser (12/13/2022)

Any ideas on what this is? The writing on the box looks to be Romulan or Klingon 😃

1674760968091.png

Any ideas on what this is? The writing on the box looks to be Romulan or Klingon 😃

View attachment 315522

Initially I thought it was the Infotainment screen, but the corners are too sharp for that. The colour kind of looks like Artisan Red, so maybe it's just a sample piece to show off the colour? But everything they're unboxing appears to actually be part of the car's assembly, so then a sample piece wouldn't make sense. I'm also curious about the writing on the box.

At this point, I can't wait for the unveiling so Mazda can stop unveiling these content free videos. A "performance" video with no specs, now a design video featuring an Instagram influencer. Tell me more about the wood grain Becki...

From the most recent pictures, the center console actually looks a bit smaller than the CX-60. Might make the area feel roomier but I hope it still has the storage area's that the family crowd wants...

Here's a higher res version of that pic.

Attachments

• 2024-mazda-cx-90-leak-reveals-its-body-in-great-detail-hours-before-the-official-launch-209476_1.jpg
    2024-mazda-cx-90-leak-reveals-its-body-in-great-detail-hours-before-the-official-launch-209476_1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 62
Found these on another site, not sure if they're legitimate but it looks pretty accurate.

mazda_cx_90_2_jpeg_8dd7881e4b4531e5183cda1fc1619d64210200fc.jpg

mazda_cx_90_4_jpeg_b63607e444ea023105b7b85696c5dcf23000573e.jpg

The pictures in the “gallery” section look really nice. The car also doesn’t look like it has leaps and bounds of cargo room which is interesting, I wonder how it’ll stack up to a highlander or something. The red looks really nice in low and bright lights which is great too.

Nice side profile shot.. looks great!

2024-Mazda-CX-90-Turbo-Inline-6-SUV.jpg

And the welcome animation in the cluster (shown in the reveal video) is a nice touch too.

I would have thought that with a larger vehicle and a more powerful engine, they would have given it bigger brakes.. the ones I can see look to be about the same size as the CX-9's, but I could be wrong of course.

Last edited:
Embargo is lifted. Forbes article actually has some information in it instead of pure marketing speak:

Looks like the 3rd row is more usable and there is real cargo room with the 3rd row in use.

Embargo is lifted. Forbes article actually has some information in it instead of pure marketing speak:

Looks like the 3rd row is more usable and there is real cargo room with the 3rd row in use.

Definitely. Also a plus that the 3rd row seats no longer seem like an afterthought. I never noticed this before, but look at the 3rd row seatbacks of the CX-9. Very flat and square.

For comparison's sake:

20230131_103348.jpg

960x0.jpg

20230131_103309.jpg

960x0.jpg

Just noticed that the light for the cargo area is no longer in the liftgate. It's now mounted into the panel on the side(s) (y)

mazda-cx-90-2024-25.jpg

For those wanting info on the PHEV, looks like at a full charge it'll have 21 miles of range. Looks like it might also show a combined range to empty (not just what gas will get you), which at this point was only 70 miles.

Back