Protege5 Auto transmission ECU with a turbo can handle 4psi?

I read in another thread they the ecu from my 03 p5 can adjust itself for about 4psi of boost with no issues. Can anyone confirm this? Would the automatic be able to handle more power than stock?

Would 4psi be worth it?

291302CD-F1D2-4872-B9FC-41A85F1A9CD9.png

i’m talking to someone about buying a turbo off facebook for my automatic, id love to know if it can hold 4psi with the stock ecu, some say it can’t hold any boost without a piggyback/fmu but that post in the turbo thread is throwing me off. should i try it or should i wait until i have the full kit before i install it? at 4psi is an intercooler even needed? one way or another the turbo will go on. ive looked through all the information i can about this and there’s nothing that gives me a solid answer

i’m talking to someone about buying a turbo off facebook for my automatic, id love to know if it can hold 4psi with the stock ecu, some say it can’t hold any boost without a piggyback/fmu but that post in the turbo thread is throwing me off. should i try it or should i wait until i have the full kit before i install it? at 4psi is an intercooler even needed? one way or another the turbo will go on. ive looked through all the information i can about this and there’s nothing that gives me a solid answer
Go for it. Worst that will happen is it will run rough and you can turn it off

yeah i’ll keep the stock stuff and if it doesn’t work i’ll pull it off and wait for a begi fmu and o2 clamp. i’m a little worried about how much power the transmission can handle but i’m not looking for anything more than what a stock msp has. i wish i could test the ecu to see if it can handle that much boost without actually putting a turbo on

yeah i’ll keep the stock stuff and if it doesn’t work i’ll pull it off and wait for a begi fmu and o2 clamp. i’m a little worried about how much power the transmission can handle but i’m not looking for anything more than what a stock msp has. i wish i could test the ecu to see if it can handle that much boost without actually putting a turbo on
any news on the turbo?

reminds me of an old youtube channel I used to follow, they turbocharged their proty and the auto trans blew... not sure how much psi they ran..

Haggard! I remember those guys before the fame got to their head. I'm going to guess that the plastic stator went out. The rest of the transmission is pretty hardy. If i remember correctly the same transmission was used in vehicles much heavier than ours

Haggard! I remember those guys before the fame got to their head. I'm going to guess that the plastic stator went out. The rest of the transmission is pretty hardy. If i remember correctly the same transmission was used in vehicles much heavier than ours
Yea true, fast forward to the Skyactiv 6 speed... 306,000km all original, just regular fluid and filter changes. It shifts great. Extremely responsive and intelligent unit.

it’s going on this weekend! just got the oil lines made, driving home and installing after i get some pizza
I found some info on old forums that seem to believe the p5 ecu can adapt to boost because it has a lot of control over fuel. Not sure about timing… maybe the 1.8 coils could be useful.

Attachments

• 4C8B0C3F-02EC-42F2-A079-B4CC72CCE2A5.jpeg
    4C8B0C3F-02EC-42F2-A079-B4CC72CCE2A5.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 19
Back