Code P0451 EVAP (Mazda5)

:
Mazda 5 Sport 2012
UPDATE. This has been resolved
Yes here is an updated link https://www.autoserviceprofessional.com/articles/6282-mazda-pressure I replaced the 2 parts
CG36-42-580A...........Evaporation hose assembly with FTP sensor

L5E1-18-791A............ Short cord
and it fixed all the problems.

My CEL came on the other day and the code I am getting is P0451 - EVAP System Pressure Sensor/ Switch Circuit Range/ Performance. I have notice it is burning more gas. When I look up this code most peoples solution is to replace the Tank Pressure Sensor TPS but from what I can see is that the 2012 Mazda5 does not have one. Do you think it might be the front or the back Canister Purge Valves parts LF82-18-740 or LF3T-18-741? Has anyone else had this problem? Here are some readings from my OBD2 reader.

Screenshot_20190206-223046_BlueDriver.jpgScreenshot_20190206-225233_BlueDriver.jpgScreenshot_20190206-225245_BlueDriver.jpg

Last edited:
Looking again today I think I my have found the sensor part CG36-42-580A. But still has anyone else had this problem?

It could also be the purge valve solenoid, pretty sure it's located under the hood no drvr side of engine. No personal experience but there is a specific method of testing it out that involves blowing through it to see if it's clogged or not.

Would be easier to rule that out than to drop the tank and replace the sensor only to find out your problem was the purge valve.

ok, sounds right. I wonder if you could just blast out that sensor with carb cleaner?
Possibly
The hose and sensor came as one piece so I didn't look to see if the sensor could be removed by itself with out damaging it. The hose has one time snap lock on all the ends so once it's off it has to be replaced.

Was this issue ever resolved? I am in the same situation and want to be sure that the CG 36-42-580a fixed the issue. Thanks

It was an easy task. I just jacked up the back of the van. then hose is on the back side of the tank, no need to drop it. You will use flat head or wire cutters to break the retaining clip. I think it was green. Then it slides off. Slide the new one on and connect the new cable. Since this was a hard code and it been a while, I cant't remember if it clear the code just by replacing it or if I used my Blue Drive reader.

I had this code also for close to a year and here's what worked for me. I took this particular EVAP hose with the FTP sensor on it completely off. I took the sensor off and cleaned thoroughly with MAF cleaner followed by blowing out with compressed gas duster. I also flooded the hose with CRC plastic safe cleaner followed by a thorough blow out with compressed air. I let everything sit out and dry for 24 hours. After reinstalling, clearing the code, and getting a drive cycle in, the issue went away and I passed inspection! Beats spending close to $200.

my CEL came on the other day and the code I am getting is P0451 - EVAP System Pressure Sensor/ Switch Circuit Range/ Performance. I have notice it is burning more gas. When I look up this code most peoples solution is to replace the Tank Pressure Sensor TPS but from what I can see is that the 2012 Mazda5 does not have one. Do you think it might be the front or the back Canister Purge Valves parts LF82-18-740 or LF3T-18-741? Has anyone else had this problem? Here are some readings from my OBD2 reader.

View attachment 220343View attachment 220344View attachment 220345
I have same issue.. Do you have any Idea how to solve

Back