2021 CX-5 Wiper Blade options?

:
Utah
:
2021 CX-5 GTR
Looking for wiper blades for my 2021 GTR. Walmart's book didn't show any compatible blades for 2021. It wasn't clear from my research here if there were any changes in 2021, but Mazda's parts site shows the same part numbers as 2020 even though one major online Mazda parts vendor doesn't show any blades for 2021.

Rain-X seems to be the best reviewed but doesn't show any compatible blades except for the rear. Yet they do show a front set ("Truck and SUV blade") for 2020, although that may not be a great blade.

Bosch shows an Envision blade that looks pretty good and is at Autozone but expensive. There was a thread here about the Bosch Aerotwin blade which apparently is not a US blade. Not quite as expensive but still pricey and not available as quickly.

OEM is expensive too, unless you just get the inserts.

Any good options?

I used to like Rain-X latitudes, but you can't get them around here without the water repellency stuff. Have tried other beam wipers but I always got a lot of chatter or they didn't wipe well. I bought a pair of cheap steel backed traditional wipers for 7 bucks a piece and they work great!

Thanks everyone, I'll consider those options. I live in snow country and it seems like the OEM ones didn't last that long so was hoping for silicone, but the OEM inserts are so cheap it may be the best option.

Thanks everyone, I'll consider those options. I live in snow country and it seems like the OEM ones didn't last that long so was hoping for silicone, but the OEM inserts are so cheap it may be the best option.
I would get the inserts for 3 season driving and winter blades if you're in snow country. That's what I do as the standard blades cake up with the snow and ice and are difficult to clean.

You may want to replace the full blade for the front wipers the first time. You don’t want to risk scratching the glass by saving a few bucks. Then use the old blades to see how easy or difficult it is pulling out the insert. If you had no problems, just replace the inserts next time. The rear may be easier.

Bought several wipers for my 2018 CX5 to realize that none fit. Ended up with the inserts at the dealership that ended up costing less than a full blade replacement. Surprisingly, the insert has lasted longer than the original.

Frustrating that Mazda complicates a simple wiper blade replacement.

Frustrating that Mazda complicates a simple wiper blade replacement.

It's like buying any other part. If you've done a search (either online, or using the fitment guides in-store), you'll see which blades will work. I don't see how blame could be placed on Mazda here.

I used the inserts on my 2019. Not hard to do and they workled great. That is what I will do with my 21 as well.

It's like buying any other part. If you've done a search (either online, or using the fitment guides in-store), you'll see which blades will work. I don't see how blame could be placed on Mazda here.
My frustration is that I purchased several sets of wiper blades, some at Walmart, some from Amazon. According to the info they all were the specified part, yet none of them fit. I think Mazda may not be forthcoming with the specs.

This was about a year after I got the car in 2019. I hope things are better now, and it sounds like they are.

I think the blame is seemingly unnecessarily using non-standard attachment hardware scheme so that most existing after-market wipers don't fit.

My frustration is that I purchased several sets of wiper blades, some at Walmart, some from Amazon. According to the info they all were the specified part, yet none of them fit. I think Mazda may not be forthcoming with the specs.

This was about a year after I got the car in 2019. I hope things are better now, and it sounds like they are.

Ooof, yeah sorry about that. Poor assumption on my part, I thought you just bought a bunch of wipers hoping one of them would fit. Its definitely possible that Mazda didn't give the retailers the correct specs, or that sellers mistakenly assumed that parts from a previous MY fit vehicles of the newer MY without verifying - that used to be pretty common at my local Canadian Tire store, but I think they've gotten a bit better with it.

Back