Mazda5 TPMS light came on

My TMPS light came on recently. Confirmed pressure is good, assumption is that sensor batteries are toast. Is there a way to reset the light, or is it just one of those things you have to live with until you replace the tires?

You can get the sensor replace without getting new tires. The system will try to read everytime you start driving. I think forscan or other readers can reset the light but it will come back on the next time you start driving and it scans for the transmitters and it does not find all of them or there is a low pressure detected.

There's a device that you can buy to program a new tpms sensor. IIRC, the car has a limit of 8 (or 10?) tpms sensors. I *think* it was $10-$20 ballpark on Amazon?? 99% sure Forscan can do it. Youtube keyword FORD (b/c Forzda) TPMS relearn.

If you have an air pump, you can deflate the tire completely and compress the sidewall enough (tight fit) but can take out the TPMS sensor. This might be a challenge if you are on low profile aftermarket tires with little or stiff sidewall. Use chalk/tape to mark tire/rim alignment so you can somewhat retain balancing when you reinflate.

Back