2014 Mazda3 SGT AFS not working and no light...Help

Hello everyone. Super new...and just bought a beautiful 2014 Mazda3 SGT sedan. I have a malfunction notification for the AFS. However, there is no flashing light at all. The only proof I have AFS is there is the button (which literally does nothing when I push it) and the fact that there is an error notification. Everything I see says there should be a flashing AFS light when there is a malfunction. Why isn't my light flashing? It does not appear to work at all. What would cause this? Aftermarket headlights maybe? I really don't want to take it to the dealer already and start spending a fortune. After all, I just bought it (cash - so I am a bit low right now). Any guidance is greatly appreciated. :)

Yes, I have seen that. Trouble is, the light does not illuminate at all.....EVER. Pushing the on/off button does nothing as well. It's like it does not exist....except for the button in the car.

I've never had this happen, but my headlights are from the factory. Why did you change your headlights?

I literally just bought the car. I have no idea if the headlights were changed or not, I was just asking if changing them could result in the issue I am having. Looks like this is a mystery for the Mazda dealer.

Did you check for codes using a code reader? If so, what did you see?

Did you check for codes using a code reader? If so, what did you see?

I have not checked for codes. I thought a scanner only really checked sensors, etc. relating to the emissions system? I'll check codes a little later. I think my scanner is in my daughter's car and she just left for work. I'll update in a day or so. Thanks for your input.

You're welcome. I keep a scanner/reader (ScanGuage) in each of my Mazdas. Each is always connected to the OBD2 port. The unit displays 4 of many parameters from which to choose, like coolant temp, battery voltage, intake air temp, air/fuel ratio, etc. The nice thing about it is that you can read and cancel codes at any time. I keep an extra cable that I can use in other vehicles. The display unit unplugs for quick removal, if necessary.

Back