Video of CX-90

Great find and share @hoodlum (y) That video is really thorough!

Agree it looks very similar to the CX-60 front-end which makes sense…Looking forward to the rest of the new CX lineup being revealed. This new headlight design is really growing on me and I hope to see more of it!

While I think it looks good and as Antoine said that front is growing on me, that is a really LONG car.

While I think it looks good and as Antoine said that front is growing on me, that is a really LONG car.
It's what happens when everyone complains about the interior space of the 2nd gen for 6 years.

So far, I'm not excited. I don't care for the CX-60's front end (grill/headlights). I was hoping to see the flagship leapfrog that look and really bring in the future of Mazda. From what we can make out, Mazda's design evolution is moving too slow in a world where design is changing pretty dramatically, particularly with all the EVs coming out. It would be unfortunate if somehow the CX-90 is a step back in some ways in design over the 7 year old CX-9.

Since so few people shop based on driving dynamics, Mazda really needs to start fighting the competition where people tend to focus their buying decisions (features, infotainment, etc.).

The video was shot in Irvine, CA.
I also don't like the CX60 styling showing up in newer SUVs..

I will have to wait and see the styling person. I heard the cx-60 looks a lot better in person than in photos. As far as the style changes. I personally prefer style evolution than total redesign. I find that while constant new style are cool for the first year, it gets stale really fast.

Think about Hyundai and Kias, they are totally redesigned every 4 years, but they don’t age well, where as BMW, Mercedes and Porsche design evolve, and age a lot better. It also helps with brand recognition. But is just my personal preference.

I personally prefer style evolution than total redesign. I find that while constant new style are cool for the first year, it gets stale really fast.

Think about Hyundai and Kias, they are totally redesigned every 4 years, but they don’t age well, where as BMW, Mercedes and Porsche design evolve, and age a lot better. It also helps with brand recognition. But is just my personal preference.

Agree 100%.

So far, I'm not excited. I don't care for the CX-60's front end (grill/headlights). I was hoping to see the flagship leapfrog that look and really bring in the future of Mazda. From what we can make out, Mazda's design evolution is moving too slow in a world where design is changing pretty dramatically, particularly with all the EVs coming out. It would be unfortunate if somehow the CX-90 is a step back in some ways in design over the 7 year old CX-9.

Since so few people shop based on driving dynamics, Mazda really needs to start fighting the competition where people tend to focus their buying decisions (features, infotainment, etc.).
In a world where designs are getting more and more uglier, Mazda needs to follow they're own path. Design of the EV's are awful and like everybody else said, Mazda does not need a full redesign, they need an evolution of they're own design and I think the CX60 makes sense.
I will have to wait and see the styling person. I heard the cx-60 looks a lot better in person than in photos. As far as the style changes. I personally prefer style evolution than total redesign. I find that while constant new style are cool for the first year, it gets stale really fast.

Amen to that.

While I hope I love the look as much as I do the CX9 (from what I've seen, I'd say it's possible I will), end of day I'd say none of the current competition wins a beauty contest. I had hopes for the Pilot, but think the new CRV looks better which is a shame. They did IMO improve the Pilot looks enough though, unlike the last dog, that I'm considering it.

End of day, an Atlas, Highlander, or good grief a kitchen appliance style Ascent ain't turning my head. Maaaaybe the Kia gets me to look, but that's all that's there. Look, no touch.

If they make the CX90 a sporty ride and give it interior luxury, I'd find it hard to imagine how I'd not like the look enough for it to be a winner, based on the CX60's look.

So I guess I've a low bar for looks.. Just hope it's pretty enough.

Back