Film on Inside of All 4 Windows

I see you already mentioned they already used dry wool. At the dealer where I worked we used really fine steel wool following a good spray of window cleaner. If that doesn't get it off whatever it is pretty much nothing will. But I'm betting the body shop probably already tried that.

Yes.
0000 (that's 4 zeros) steel wool. Very fine.

I did the outside of my windows to get little bits of debris and some water spots off the surface. I did it wet using the car wash soap I had in the bucket, but any cleaner/soap should work for light lubrication.

If you have aftermarket window film tint on the inside of the windows, proceed with caution. Not sure if the steel wool will scratch that film.

Winner winner!! Somehow so many things failed yet toothpaste worked like a charm! Thanks for the input everyone.

Nice! Toothpaste acts as a very very mild abrasive, so it's like a very mild polish when you rub it in. I have used toothpaste to polish some very light fading out of plastic headlight lenses before, with great results.

You may already have some under your sink as the brand name Lemi Shine (for dishwashers) and it's harmless to humans - regular citric acid is sometimes used in cooking. Anyway, just mix some crystals with a little water into a paste, and wipe on.

Why did you copy and paste a portion of another member's earlier post? Did you forget to add something to it?

Not sure.. especially since the issue has been resolved!

It could just be that they wanted to quote @RedBaron's post to confirm that it works for them, or maybe to disagree, but didn't use the Reply function and forgot to add their own experience. We may never know, lol.

It could just be that they wanted to quote @RedBaron's post to confirm that it works for them, or maybe to disagree, but didn't use the Reply function and forgot to add their own experience. We may never know, lol.

Nope. Found another fresh post in a different thread this morning that was a copy paste of someone else's post again.

Newsroom_20180306_SPAM-Australia.jpg

It's super simple, super cheap and works like a charm.

Mix 1 part White Vinegar with 1 part
distilled water. Put in spray bottle.

That's it !

You can make a gallon for about $2.00 or less.
Glad I found this thread. I noticed spots all over my windows the other day on my brand new 2023 CX-5. :( Realize now it was from hosing off bird poop--we have hard water. Used some Bon Ami on a damp cloth, then wiped clean, and dried with a microfiber---->voila! all clear.

I will definitely mix up some vinegar & distilled water for any time I hose off the car. Do you spray and then dry it off? Thanks!

Glad I found this thread. I noticed spots all over my windows the other day on my brand new 2023 CX-5. :( Realize now it was from hosing off bird poop--we have hard water. Used some Bon Ami on a damp cloth, then wiped clean, and dried with a microfiber---->voila! all clear.

I will definitely mix up some vinegar & distilled water for any time I hose off the car. Do you spray and then dry it off? Thanks!
I also have very hard water. Road near my house is named "Limestone Rd". That should tell you all you need to know. After I wash and dry my car I then go over it with the spray. Just spray it on, wipe it alittle until it disappears along with the water spots.

Back