2017~2024 CX-5 Traffic Announcement volume

BWJ

:
CX-60 Takumi
Do i miss something, or is it not possible to set and save TA volume, like many other Caremarks?

I think it can be changed only when the traffic announcement is being made. So for example, when you hear the nav system directing your next turn or something like that, you immediately adjust the volume.

This should be a setting that you can change in the infotainment system, but either nobody has found it yet or it doesn't exist (which is really dumb, if that's the case).

I think it can be changed only when the traffic announcement is being made. So for example, when you hear the nav system directing your next turn or something like that, you immediately adjust the volume.

This should be a setting that you can change in the infotainment system, but either nobody has found it yet or it doesn't exist (which is really dumb, if that's the case).
That's the case, no luck with any of your proposals :unsure:

I do not know about the new fancy infotainment but on my 2020 CX-5 you can do it from the Nav page. Go to the right, Settings .There is an option called "Guidance setttings -> Guidance Vol." (volume). The volume can be adjusted even while driving.

Guidance Vol. (NAV) and Traffic announcement (TA) are two completely different and independent things, i ask for TA volume.

How are you receiveing TA's? I was not aware that TA was available on a CX-5. Mine is a 2021 Signature and I only have the Sirius XM Travel Link (prepaid for 3 years by Mazda). My Toyota Sequoia has Traffic Announcements which I believe are thru the SiriusXM Traffic Plan that is available on that vehicle.

Guidance Vol. (NAV) and Traffic announcement (TA) are two completely different and independent things, i ask for TA volume.
Are you talking about "beeps" from the radar system? Or is this regarding something like "there is traffic ahead on your route with 10 minutes of delay" type of "announcement " ?

I'm not understanding what you're after?

Stolen from Wikipedia :giggle:
Traffic announcement
(TA) refers to the broadcasting of a specific type of traffic report on the Radio Data System. It is generally used by motorists, to assist with route planning, and for the avoidance of traffic congestion.

The RDS-enabled receiver can be set to pay special attention to this TA flag and e.g. stop the tape/pause the CD or retune to receive a Traffic bulletin. The related TP (Traffic Programme) flag is used to allow the user to find only those stations that regularly broadcast traffic bulletins, whereas the TA flag is used to stop the tape or raise the volume during a traffic bulletin.

On some modern units, traffic reports can also be recorded and stored within the unit, both while the unit is switched on, but also for a pre-set period after the unit is turned off. It may also have in-built timers to seek and record the same for two separate daily occasions, i.e., one setting for before the morning commute, and the second for the evening return journey. These messages may then subsequently be recalled on demand by the driver.

Attachments

• TA.PNG
    TA.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 64
Huh. Learned my new thing for today. Now I can go play 😁 . Never have I heard of that before and I'm glad that my radio doesn't do that! I would grow weary of that quickly!

Ok, I see you appear to be in Denmark and myself as well as many if not most of the people replying to your post are in the US. We do have RDS in the US and I recall my previous car (SAAB) used RDS to set the clock. It also had a button called "TP" that was supposedly for receiving Traffic Programming but that never actually worked. I not aware of the DAB standard over here; we have the HD (high-definition) radio standard which may be similar but I don't think we get traffic data except in the case of some cars that are compatible with the subscription based Sirius/XM Traffic Plan.

Is that a screenshot of your CX-5 infotainment? That's totally different than my US spec. 2021.

Ok, I see you appear to be in Denmark and myself as well as many if not most of the people replying to your post are in the US. We do have RDS in the US and I recall my previous car (SAAB) used RDS to set the clock. It also had a button called "TP" that was supposedly for receiving Traffic Programming but that never actually worked. I not aware of the DAB standard over here; we have the HD (high-definition) radio standard which may be similar but I don't think we get traffic data except in the case of some cars that are compatible with the subscription based Sirius/XM Traffic Plan.

Is that a screenshot of your CX-5 infotainment? That's totally different than my US spec. 2
Scr. shot is from UK Mazda page.

Back