Different CX-5 gas gauge design?

Russell1

:
2016.5 cx 5
Anyone notice that the 2016.5 cx 5 gas gauge is different on some vehicles. My wife has the small block design and i have lines. Any particular reason? I have tech pkg and she doesn't. Also, i googled 2017 instrument cluster and I found the same design as mine...with lines. Any ideas?

Anyone notice that the 2016.5 cx 5 gas gauge is different on some vehicles. My wife has the small block design and i have lines. Any particular reason? I have tech pkg and she doesn't. Also, i googled 2017 instrument cluster and I found the same design as mine...with lines. Any ideas?
The reason why you have LCD simulated analog fuel gauge is because you have Tech Package which uses Type A cluster with different LCD display on right pod. This Type A display on right pod is designed for Tech Package with SCBS and all warning messages. Type A display is also configured for i-ActivSense with Mazda Radar Cruise Control display. That's why the GT requires Tech Package to get i-ActivSense. :)

The reason why you have LCD simulated analog fuel gauge is because you have Tech Package which uses Type A cluster with different LCD display on right pod. This Type A display on right pod is designed for Tech Package with SCBS and all warning messages. Type A display is also configured for i-ActivSense with Mazda Radar Cruise Control display. That's why the GT requires Tech Package to get i-ActivSense. :)

Thank you very much!

I am actually looking to update mine from the non-tech package to the tech package unit. Just wondering if it'll fit right in + if mileage will be my original number and not the newly installed gauge cluster' mileage...

I have that cluster LCD gauge Type A on my 2016 Mazda 6 GT non tech is nothing special lol. I always recommend to people if you like adding things to your car like cluster gauge, spoilers, fog lights, keyless power button door lock and etc. Just go for the top trim model lol, I learned this a long time ago and only go top trim even with old cars.

Back