Fuel Pump Recall. Any done yet?

Just got back from the dealership. They called last week and asked if I wanted to come in earlier, so I picked today. The only thing I notice is a slight smell of gasoline, which I assume will air out quickly. I give them props, they said it may be over a 2 hour wait, they expected me to drop my car off and come back when they called. But since I didn't have a ride they expedited my car and I was only there about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Did any of you guys smell gasoline after the work? I had .25 gallons of fuel in the tank.

Does a fuel pump give any preemptive warning signs that it might fail? My 2018 CX-5 is technically not on the recall list, as of now, but I can't help but worry if there's a chance that'll change.

Does a fuel pump give any preemptive warning signs that it might fail? My 2018 CX-5 is technically not on the recall list, as of now, but I can't help but worry if there's a chance that'll change.
I don't think so. But don't worry about it, the 'bad' pumps rarely failed in the cars that had bad pumps. If you are not included in the recall you have a good pump that will outlast the vehicle.

Back