CX-9 Right rear rocker molding backordered...Any leads?

:
2010 Mazda 5
Our 2018 CX-9 GT had the right rear rocker molding knocked off on the interstate. Something went under the car and bounced out the side taking the molding with it. I'm not sure if that destroyed the part or if it was run over after that. Went back the next day and it was in pieces.

By the time I knew what part I needed it was on backorder for Mazda with no estimate for being in stock.

No salvage yards anywhere have them either. The only one available used had been sold with the door.

Are our cars really that rare?

Anyway, if anyone knows of one available that isn't $$$$$ key me know. It is part assembly TK49-51-RC0B.

PXL_20221003_125636935.jpg

Philip

As far as salvage yards go, I think finding a wrecked CX-9 may be difficult. In general, not too many of them are sold, so there are fewer of them on the roads, which means even fewer get to the junkyard. The part being backordered is probably a supplier issue. Have you tried contacting other dealerships to see if they have any in stock? Maybe they can ship the part to you or your local dealer?

Is it just the lighting and the angle of the picture, or does the bottom corner of the door look dented which won't allow the trim to sit flush?

As far as salvage yards go, I think finding a wrecked CX-9 may be difficult. In general, not too many of them are sold, so there are fewer of them on the roads, which means even fewer get to the junkyard. The part being backordered is probably a supplier issue. Have you tried contacting other dealerships to see if they have any in stock? Maybe they can ship the part to you or your local dealer?
I just dropped off my CX-9 this morning at a body shop for repair due to a front end deer collision. I had the estimate done 6 weeks ago. (Fortunately my Mazda was still drivable so I didn’t have to leave it there.) Back then, the body shop said the bumper cover was backordered with no ETA! So, I took action and called an out of state dealership which had two in stock. The body shop worked it out and had the part delivered.

This, after just having a water pump replacement where it took seven business days for all the parts to arrive. I drove a loaner for 10 days.

The fellow I spoke with at the Mazda dealership in Alabama said they’re still waiting for parts ordered in April.

Our 2018 CX-9 GT had the right rear rocker molding knocked off on the interstate. Something went under the car and bounced out the side taking the molding with it. I'm not sure if that destroyed the part or if it was run over after that. Went back the next day and it was in pieces.

By the time I knew what part I needed it was on backorder for Mazda with no estimate for being in stock.

No salvage yards anywhere have them either. The only one available used had been sold with the door.

Are our cars really that rare?

Anyway, if anyone knows of one available that isn't $$$$$ key me know. It is part assembly TK49-51-RC0B.

View attachment 313805

Philip
Call them. Maybe they’ll cut you a deal.

Yes, the door bottom is bent out a little bit I can fix that.

I have looked at lots of dealer parts sites and all but two showed backordered. Jim Ellis and another had it for over $300. I may try and call but I'm not sure my soul can handle it. Lots of parts people are nice, not all. The dealers usually don't allow them to discount.

One of the local Mazda parts counters would give me the discount price on stuff. That ended a long time ago.

I finally got one from a somewhat local LKQ from a 2016. It was in decent shape so it probably matches better than a new one.

This was actually the second one I found. A different local LKQ ordered one from somewhere else and then never got back with me. After two weeks of leaving voice mails with no call backs, I found the other one.

Back