August 2022 Map Update Available

are you supposed to get 3 updates, or 3 years? Because I apparently had 3 years (2017 Mazda3), but never once updated the maps. should i be entitled to at least a couple?

"should i be entitled to at least a couple?"

Nope, once the three years is up, you're SOL.

I bought the CX with factory nav and at that time the terms of service for my subscription stated that I had three updates available to me for three years. That's what I got, and the Mazda ToolBox counted down the updates for me.

In 2019 I purchased a used 2016 MX-5 that did not have the factory nav card included. I purchased an Amazon card and after sorting a defective card I was able to use the card in my Miata. After driving the required 63 miles with the card inserted (mates the card to your VIN), I removed the card and updated it with the ToolBox. When I did that the system informed me that I had three years of unlimited updates available, different than what the system told me about my CX version.

I used, what I thought was, my last update on this card a short time ago, right before the 08/22 update was released. The ToolBox clearly told me that this was my last update. Then, just for the heck of it, I decided to try the update again after the new version was released. I started the ToolBox and the program told me that there was a new version of the ToolBox available, and do I want to update it? Yes, I did. After this update was done the program then told me that the terms of service had changed and that I had additional updates available and would I like to update at this time, I did.

YMMV

After this update was done the program then told me that the terms of service had changed and that I had additional updates available and would I like to update at this time, I did.

YMMV
My mileage did vary, apparently. You were charmed! Thanks for the tale, though! :)

I downloaded the toolbox. After install, I double click to open, I would get "Connection Error 104 the has been a problem connecting to the internet. Please check your connection."
I'm pretty sure I'm connected to the internet. I tried reinstall, but same result. Any ideas?

Edit: seems to be a Windows 7 issue

I have a 2019 GTR. The latest map version for mine is August 2022. The email I got from Mazda stated that as did Mazda Toolbox when I did my latest update. If you take a look at posts #2 & #3 above apparently the newer CX-5 with the redesigned non touchscreen infotainment system use a different version of the maps.
I can believe that. I have 2021.5 CX5 in Canada, and I have registered but never received a update email. I did update map once after purchasing, and that was a 2021 map! I can't understand why they can't do auto update as its got wi fi map link. This car is technologically out of date on many fronts.

I downloaded the toolbox. After install, I double click to open, I would get "Connection Error 104 the has been a problem connecting to the internet. Please check your connection."
I'm pretty sure I'm connected to the internet. I tried reinstall, but same result. Any ideas?

Edit: seems to be a Windows 7 issue
I've been gettingthat error on Windows 7 since the update last spring. I ended up installing the Mazda Toolbox on my MacBook where it worked fine. It appears to no longer work on Windows 7 machines.

My Mazda toolbox works just fine. Windows 10, no errors. Just installed the August update on the SD card.

Is there a typical frequency for map updates? Is it a couple of times a year? We recently moved to a rapidly growing suburb in another state where many of the roads are new. A nearby state highway, for example, opened this past summer and is nowhere to be found on the August 2022 map. :( Waze on the iPhone is helping us learn and navigate the area but I would prefer to safely use the Mazda map. Our next vehicle definitely needs to have CarPlay.

Is there a typical frequency for map updates? Is it a couple of times a year? We recently moved to a rapidly growing suburb in another state where many of the roads are new. A nearby state highway, for example, opened this past summer and is nowhere to be found on the August 2022 map. :( Waze on the iPhone is helping us learn and navigate the area but I would prefer to safely use the Mazda map. Our next vehicle definitely needs to have CarPlay.
I hear you, you have the latest map update. You will also have to pay $600 CDN to renew Mazda cx5 cell phone app on expiry, otherwise you will not be able to remote start car in winter or see other options on app. This opertates via a cell signal and not wifi if i am correct. Aftermarket starters are cheaper and have similar aps. Let me know if you find good one.

The 2019 CX-5 GT with PP came with the NAV card. I just renewed for 3 more years for $135.50. When using navigation the head-up display has a lot of info on the windshield, so I thought it was worth the money.

The 2019 CX-5 GT with PP came with the NAV card. I just renewed for 3 more years for $135.50. When using navigation the head-up display has a lot of info on the windshield, so I thought it was worth the money.
Yes, the HUD info is the best feature along with that sultry voice… 🥸

I've done, I think, three updates in the last two years and I have not noticed any difference. I've looked at some places around me that needed to be updated and nothing's changed. I am not sure if I still have free updates or not but definitely I won't pay for any new updates any time soon.

Back