Seeing the new CX-60 in person

Antoine

Administrator
I’ve started to see the CX-60 at Mazda Dealers here and I must say, it looks even better in person!

I’ve seen one in red as well as silver and it’s quite striking…Especially in that deep rich red color. The combination of those smooth flowing curves, the rich dynamic colors and a overall strong presence really works well together and (imo) clearly communicates…This is a premium vehicle.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some people mistake it for a BMW.

If this is an indication of what is to come for the CX-70, 80 and 90…It’s going to be very exciting and hopefully a new era for Mazda.

Now one question is, how will the public respond to more upscale more expensive Mazdas..? Based on what I’ve seen so far, well I think! Even upscale and expensive, I hope they’ll be very competitive…For a first attempt, it seems like Mazda has done a fantastic job (from an exterior design pov, definitely I would say).

We’ll see how the new in-line six performs…These new and more powerful engine and hybrid options combined with bold design and dynamic colors should produce very positive results…Not to mention that lovely interior!

I just recently saw a CX-50 on the road and it was really nice looking. Pictures don't do it justice and it is great to hear that the CX-60 is similar. Can't wait for the CX-70 and CX-90!

I’ve started to see the CX-60 at Mazda Dealers here and I must say, it looks even better in person!

I’ve seen one in red as well as silver and it’s quite striking…Especially in that deep rich red color. The combination of those smooth flowing curves, the rich dynamic colors and a overall strong presence really works well together and (imo) clearly communicates…This is a premium vehicle.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some people mistake it for a BMW.

If this is an indication of what is to come for the CX-70, 80 and 90…It’s going to be very exciting and hopefully a new era for Mazda.

Now one question is, how will the public respond to more upscale more expensive Mazdas..? Based on what I’ve seen so far, well I think! Even upscale and expensive, I hope they’ll be very competitive…For a first attempt, it seems like Mazda has done a fantastic job (from an exterior design pov, definitely I would say).

We’ll see how the new in-line six performs…These new and more powerful engine and hybrid options combined with bold design and dynamic colors should produce very positive results…Not to mention that lovely interior!
Where are you seeing the CX-60? In the USA?

Antoine, I believe that people will start realizing that Mazda is making these luxury steps, because the word is being spread! I am trying to get my Mom to get a Cx70 to replace her Acura, and where mazda was 5 years ago she wouldn't have even considered but now she probably will! Times are changing as well as the public opinion, even if it's slowly but surely.

What do you think of the super wide center console that forces your legs closer together?
That doesn't seem to be an issue.

A big benefit is that getting rid of the torque converter and the large bell housing that contains it frees up space. It makes the total package narrower, and that's especially evident in the cabin of this CX-60. Despite a transmission between you and your passenger, there is more knee space between the console and door than on the CX-5.

This the picture that scares me. There is easily 2"-4" of excess width on the center console

cx60-15.jpg

I just recently saw a CX-50 on the road and it was really nice looking. Pictures don't do it justice and it is great to hear that the CX-60 is similar. Can't wait for the CX-70 and CX-90!
Yeah, the pics I've seen of the CX-60 also don't do it justice, it is an impressive sight in person! Great to know you had a similar experience with the CX-50...I'm looking forward to seeing it in person as well someday.

Where are you seeing the CX-60? In the USA?
Which country are you in, Antoine?
Think he is in Japan.
Currently in Japan.

Antoine, I believe that people will start realizing that Mazda is making these luxury steps, because the word is being spread! I am trying to get my Mom to get a Cx70 to replace her Acura, and where mazda was 5 years ago she wouldn't have even considered but now she probably will! Times are changing as well as the public opinion, even if it's slowly but surely.
Great point and example...Slowly but surely is right, you can tell Mazda has been hard at work pursuing this strategy even with relatively limited resources and so far it seems they're doing a fantastic job!

What do you think of the super wide center console that forces your legs closer together?
I haven't had a chance to sit in one yet but I do recall Autogefühl mentioning that point. That said, according to hoodlum's reference, it may not be an issue..?

Now I have driven it several times, also at night to check interior lights and adaptive matrix headlights. must say that it is fantastic, also the cluster and the new screen are super clear and sharp, in addition the cup holder is now in the right place, and the space on the driver's seat is better than in our CX5 from 2020. signed the purchase contract today, and will receive the car on Thursday ( Takumi with all packages and towbar, except the sunroof)

Attachments

• DSC_2131.JPG
    DSC_2131.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_2133.JPG
    DSC_2133.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Now I have driven it several times, also at night to check interior lights and adaptive matrix headlights. must say that it is fantastic, also the cluster and the new screen are super clear and sharp, in addition the cup holder is now in the right place, and the space on the driver's seat is better than in our CX5 from 2020. signed the purchase contract today, and will receive the car on Thursday ( Takumi with all packages and towbar, except the sunroof)

Nice! Congratulations on the new car @BWJ, it looks good!

Reactions: BWJ
That's awesome, congratulations @BWJ and thanks for sharing your initial thoughts and pics! (y)

The machine have landed ;)
Think i can learn to live with it. :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC_2171.JPG
    DSC_2171.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_2170.JPG
    DSC_2170.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_2169.JPG
    DSC_2169.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_2168.JPG
    DSC_2168.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC_2167.JPG
    DSC_2167.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_2166.JPG
    DSC_2166.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_2165.JPG
    DSC_2165.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_2172.JPG
    DSC_2172.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 198
Thanks for the pics @BWJ. I'm really liking the interior! Nice premium look in the materials and design, especially the dash, center console and door panels. Also, I notice that there is no piano black surrounding the window switches! I really hope they will move away from piano black interior trim on all of their other models.

The price in denmark is dkr. 575.976 or about 76.796 Euro with all available packages except sunroof, which I didn't want

Back