CX-5 Window tint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my local guy put ceramic film on all the windows. Have since ceramic was a thing. The factory is just privacy glass and I want heat rejection. He just uses a more transparent film on the privacy glass and then matches the front windows to the rear , but I insist that he keep the fronts more transparent to avoid police hassle.

He also puts a mostly clear ceramic on the inside windshield that blocks heat, glare and UV. I rarely need to use sunglasses when I drive. Its quite nice.

He also has a film that he applies to the exterior windshield which protects against flying object damage. Our roads are awful and often do their best to try and crack our glass by maliciously tossing rocks at us as we drive on them.

If anyone needs product info let me know and I will get it for you.

Product Update:

External windshield protection:

https://madico.com/dealers/automotive/windshield-protection/clearplex

Internal window film:

https://llumar.com/na/en/automotive/window-tint/ceramic/ctx/

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Last edited:
Would you mind finding out what your installer used on the exterior front windshield? Thank you

I had my local guy put ceramic film on all the windows. Have since ceramic was a thing. The factory is just privacy glass and I want heat rejection. He just uses a more transparent film on the privacy glass and then matches the front windows to the rear , but I insist that he keep the fronts more transparent to avoid police hassle.

He also puts a mostly clear ceramic on the inside windshield that blocks heat, glare and UV. I rarely need to use sunglasses when I drive. Its quite nice.

He also has a film that he applies to the exterior windshield which protects against flying object damage. Our roads are awful and often do their best to try and crack our glass by maliciously tossing rocks at us as we drive on them.

If anyone needs product info let me know and I will get it for you.

Product Update:

External windshield protection:

https://madico.com/dealers/automotive/windshield-protection/clearplex

Internal window film:

https://llumar.com/na/en/automotive/window-tint/ceramic/ctx/

View attachment 312240View attachment 312241
How much would something like this cost ?

Do we like the front window of the soul crystal red tinted to match the oem rear window?
Anyone who tints windows infront beyond required by law is a jack a$$.
The reason the law does not want you to tint too dark is a safety concern when driving at night. Unless people are criminals, why do they want to hide behind black dark windows. If you can't see from outside in, then how can you see clearly at night from inside out. Plus whose going to buy that car?

The reason the law does not want you to tint too dark is a safety concern when driving at night. Unless people are criminals, why do they want to hide behind black dark windows. If you can't see from outside in, then how can you see clearly at night from inside out. Plus whose going to buy that car?

Lot of assumptions you're making there.

I guess you never drove around any southern US city ;)

people do it to look cool, when in fact others are just laughing at them, As we know (or the tint shop will tell them), heat reduction can be achieved with out the "look how cool I am" d--bag affect.

Why not be smart about it, why make yourself stand out to the cops?

people do it to look cool, when in fact others are just laughing at them, As we know (or the tint shop will tell them), heat reduction can be achieved with out the "look how cool I am" d--bag affect.

Why not be smart about it, why make yourself stand out to the cops?

So now people who tint their windows are jackasses, criminals AND dbags? 🤦‍♂️

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back