2017~2024 New Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4’s going on soon…

I’ll be replacing the Toyo A36s soon. Going to put the new Pilot Sport All Season 4 on the car. This is a relatively new release for this tire size-wise (225/55R19) so there’s not much data out there. Is anyone out there already running these? If so, any feedback? I know the tire is very popular on sports cars…although those are significantly wider, lol. BTW, I have 32,4xx miles on my tires…

My mom runs All Season 4s on her Toyota C-HR Hybrid. Really quiet (and you notice tire noise more in a hybrid), the ride is nice and they are quite grippy.

I have the summer only version on my 2021 Corvette, and non Z51 Corvettes come standard with the all seasons. They are fantastic tires.

I have the summer only version on my 2021 Corvette, and non Z51 Corvettes come standard with the all seasons. They are fantastic tires.
Yep, when I bend or crack another wheel…or when the Pilot Sports need replacing…I’ll also put them on my ‘19 Grand Sport.

(first, let me say that my English is not the best)
check out my post about this tire. I have it on my cx5 for about 30000miles now. almost about time to replace it with a new set, Idk if I'm going to put PS AS4 back on cx5 again.

I forgot to update that post. I end up buying a new set of 19x8.5 rims. it definitely helps the jello softness of the tire a lot but still very soft on the sidewall. at least now it's safe to drive with good size rims.

PRO: PS AS4 had a very soft sidewall to help with comfort, noise, and traction. I'm going 80+ mph in a down pouring rain lol without problem(now I'm not saying you sure be doing that! not responsible if you do lol). In normal day-to-day driving, I push my 2021 2.5t to 90mph+ with this set of tires often. it handles good!!! This car does not like high speed anyways get the car around 108 is probably the limit. Snow it was ok! In Texas, I don't see much snow. but I did manage to drive my VW Tiguan 4 motion(same tire different size tho) in the 2020 texas snow storm. with 1-3 inches show snow I was able to drive the car at about 50mph. 1inch snow when it's melting icy I was going around 70mph, but yes I did sly off the road when very icy probably because I was going too fast on i20. over all the drive is much smoother, it grips the road drive and wet, and noise is probably lower in lower speed. The higher speed is similar to the A36 that comes with the car but that's probably because I increased the size of the tires. that will increase the noise too. For you, it might be quieter at all speeds.

CON: I found out that these PS AS4 tires are really really good for lower-profile tires. our cx5 is not low profile so you will feel the softness of the tires when you turn and when there is a strong wind you will feel the car shaking a little. The only downside that I'm feeling right now is steering is not as sharp because the sidewall is very soft!

took me 5 sets of PS AS4 to figure out these tires perform a lot better in lower profiles.
The 245/50/19 for my cx5 which I feel the softness
The 255/40/20 for my VW Tiguan I do not feel the softness at all
The 265/40/20 for my VW Tiguan I do not really feel it too
The 265/40/20 for my VW Tiguan same just another set.
The 225/45/17 for GF Kia. very very little. not anywhere like the cx5

for the cx5 next set, I may go with continental dws06 plus. I will ask discount tire to let me try out the continental dws06 plus see if I like it. if not I will go back to PS AS4. I love how discount tire offers satisfaction guaranteed.

One thing that always keeps me with Michelin is the "tread life warranty" I'm not sure if that's what the name of the program is called. PS AS4 says it will last 45000miles but IDK if it is the way I drive. it does not last 45000. I get around 34-38000 miles. every time when discount tire told me my tire is low in tread life at "yellow" I just ask if I can get prorated for a new set of tires. which you can only get this prorated money if you go with another set of Michelin.

hope this will help you decide. I know you asking about 225/55/19 mine is 245/50/19 but the height is similar. when I got the cx5 Michelin hasn't come out the 225/55/19 for the PS AS4 yet. maybe 225/55/19 will feel better than my 245 who knows. if you do get the tire let me know how you feel about this tire

Last edited:
They are a great tire but I am going to go with the Continental DWS06 for slightly better overall performance.
Those were a very close second option for me. Great tire, I just preferred to stay with Michelin and the factory sizing (225/55R19). Since the Contis don’t come in that size..are you going up to the 235/55R19?

Those were a very close second option for me. Great tire, I just preferred to stay with Michelin and the factory sizing (225/55R19). Since the Contis don’t come in that size..are you going up to the 235/55R19?
I'm either doing 245/50 or 255/50 in the Continental as I am going up to an 8.5" wide wheel.

They are a great tire but I am going to go with the Continental DWS06 for slightly better overall performance.
Great tire choice. I have the DWS06 in 245/55-18 and they are fantastic. Excellent grip in the wet and dry, excellent high speed stability.

you have tge dws06 or dws06 plus? or are they the same ?
I have the DWS06, NOT the Plus. The Plus were not available when I bought the tires in March 2021. The Plus are supposed to be better, but the regular DWS06 are fantastic still. Once they wear out, I'll replace them with the Plus.

I’m running the dsw06 plus. Absolutely love them. 255/55-18 on a 18x9.5 wheel. They do run a bit wide so be cautious if you order.

I’ll be replacing the Toyo A36s soon. Going to put the new Pilot Sport All Season 4 on the car. This is a relatively new release for this tire size-wise (225/55R19) so there’s not much data out there. Is anyone out there already running these? If so, any feedback? I know the tire is very popular on sports cars…although those are significantly wider, lol. BTW, I have 32,4xx miles on my tires…
Okay, I have just over 2k miles on these tires now. And…I’m a little disappointed. Yes, the tires are quiet. Yes, the tires grip very well on dry and wet pavement. Yes, they handle grooved and uneven roads well. However, the turn-in is…imo, not up to Michelin standards. And certainly not what I expect in an UHP A/S tire…or any tire for that matter.

I still believe Michelin makes the best tire, and I still plan to run the ZP version of the A/S 4 when tires are needed on the C7 GS…but dang, these tires are ‘slow’ on turn-in. YMMV…

Back