August 2022 Map Update Available

I'm currently using the Nov 2021 map -- and the Toolbox says no update is available.
1660940159115.png

I'm currently using the Nov 2021 map -- and the Toolbox says no update is available.

This august update is for the older Mazda Connect. (home screen looks like this)

1660943413013.png

1660943546577.png

For the newer Mazda Connect, nov 2021 map is still the latest available

1660943473067.png

Noob question, does it only update the maps or it is like a software update that changes the whole interface?

The infotainment software is updated with a USB stick. It's an easy process and there are a couple of users on the forum who can help you with the update file.
Yeah I'm aware of that, just thinking of the actual look of it, to make it more modern like the recent models!

Received an e-mail from Mazda on this.

This is the first time in over three years that I've received an e-mail notice of an update being available. And I just updated my Amazon purchased card (used in my MX), using my last update of three, a couple of weeks ago...

Is anyone else having problems installing the update ? First, since my car is just over three years old I couldn't get the update without paying for it. So I ended up subscribing for three more years worth of updates.

I open the Mazda toolbox, login, am able to download the newest update to 100% but the lower progress bar graph on the screen showing the installation status never goes beyond zero. Eventually it either goes back to the screen where it is recognizing my Navigation SIM card and I have to login again, or I get a message that it can't connect to the server which is in Europe somewhere I believe.

I have been trying for two days and if I can't get the update soon I am going to demand a refund on the subscription renewal.

Is anyone else having problems installing the update ? First, since my car is just over three years old I couldn't get the update without paying for it. So I ended up subscribing for three more years worth of updates.

I open the Mazda toolbox, login, am able to download the newest update to 100% but the lower progress bar graph on the screen showing the installation status never goes beyond zero. Eventually it either goes back to the screen where it is recognizing my Navigation SIM card and I have to login again, or I get a message that it can't connect to the server which is in Europe somewhere I believe.

I have been trying for two days and if I can't get the update soon I am going to demand a refund on the subscription renewal.
That software is not user-friendly more like user-hostile.

I finally got the updated map installed on my Nav. SIM card this morning. It was some ordeal. I suspect the problem was at the server end and not anything in my computer. As soon as I saw that the installation graph was starting to move I crossed my fingers and hoped that nothing interrupted the process. It took about 15 minutes to reach 100% and then the screen said the map update was successful and I could remove the SIM card from my computer and reinstall it in my CX 5. Yay !

For anyone that experiences similar difficulties all I can say is keep trying. Maybe the server has been overloaded with people trying to install the newest update these last few days or something.

For anyone that experiences similar difficulties all I can say is keep trying. Maybe the server has been overloaded with people trying to install the newest update these last few days or something.
Mine timed out on the first try as well. Second time was no problem.

Received an e-mail from Mazda on this.

This is the first time in over three years that I've received an e-mail notice of an update being available. And I just updated my Amazon purchased card (used in my MX), using my last update of three, a couple of weeks ago...
It let you update your Amazon card? It flagged mine as a fraud, got the ol' warning...

It let you update your Amazon card? It flagged mine as a fraud, got the ol' warning...

Yes, the system worked just fine with my Amazon purchased card ($80 at the time). I was able to do three updates within the three-year time period. The period ends in October, but I just recently did the last update without issue. This is in my MX-5. I bought my CX-5 with the nav card from the factory and both cards updated exactly the same, no problems.

I take that back. I did have an issue with the factory card in the CX. When I tried to do the final update (last of three) on the CX, the card would not update. It appeared to update but it didn't. I contacted Mazda about it, and I was given a new card and that card updated just fine. Somehow the system knew that I was on my last update and the new card was only allowed the one update.

Just finished updating mine a few minutes ago. No problems. Yes, it is slow, but it worked fine the first try.

Tried to install Aug 22 map update on my 20 Mazda MX-5 as well as my 21 CX-5. The update appeared to work fine but when cards inserted back in each vehicle the nav screen just continues to say loading without actually completing the process. I have an appointment with the dealer to discuss the issue. Meanwhile factory navigation is not available in either vehicle. Anyone else have this issue?

Tried to install Aug 22 map update on my 20 Mazda MX-5 as well as my 21 CX-5. The update appeared to work fine but when cards inserted back in each vehicle the nav screen just continues to say loading without actually completing the process. I have an appointment with the dealer to discuss the issue. Meanwhile factory navigation is not available in either vehicle. Anyone else have this issue?

I had something similar happen to me.

This was in my MX, I had just installed the Aug 22 update and was using it for the first time. I had to take my son to Chicago's Midway Airport.

The system worked perfectly on the way to the airport but right after I dropped my son off the nav screen went blank for a moment and when it came back it displayed the animated 'loading' icon. I gave it a few minutes to load, but it stayed that way, loading, and showed no indication that it was going to actually load anything. I wanted to shut the car off, eject the card a couple of times, and see if that would fix the issue.

Chicago traffic isn't a good place to shut the car off in, but I soon came to a long stop light, and I had my chance. I shut the car off and ejected the card several times and restarted the car. It worked and my nav came back and has worked perfectly since then.

I have used DeoxIt contact cleaner on the contacts of the card previously (and reapplied when I did the update) so perhaps the 'wiping' action of removing the card and reinserting made the difference? Dunno, but it's working fine now.

YMMV

Thanks Conrad. Odd there would be a contact issue in both vehicles but it’s another arrow in my quiver of things to try. Appreciate your reply,

Back