De-badging 2022 Mazda3 hatchback

Just picked up a new 2022 Mazda3 hatchback in machine grey metallic. I simply pulled the Skyactiv badge off with a little help from a credit card.

I was worried about having holes and pins under the Mazda 3 logo. I couldn't find much except for a video where the owner removed the one piece Mazda logo and then the 3 logo. I thought I would give it a go. If I found holes and pins, I planned on painting the logo black and re-attaching it.

I found that each letter is separate and only glued onto the car. I used floss at ambient temperature of about 80 degrees WITHOUT a hair dryer and they came off almost too easily. Took less than 2 minutes!! Separate letters!!!! I may never put them back because it will be too hard.

Hope this helps everybody.

If anyone has a 2022 and can provide a homemade or photographic template for anyone wishing to re-install that would be great. I honestly wouldn't ming the MAZDA 3 logo on the left if it was black.

I'm guessing that at the factory, the logo is attached to a release paper on the face of the logo and applied as a single item.

Either that or they have a frame template to keep the characters spaced evenly. Auto body shops use some method of doing this all the time.

Back