Correct navigation SD card for 2022 CX5 2.5S Premium?

Does anyone know the correct Navigation SD Card for a 2022 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Premium AWD?
There's so many out there but I want to make sure I buy the correct card that will work in my car.
Thanks in advance.

I believe you have to insert it into the vehicle so it writes the VIN. I also believe updates are based on how long you have the vehicle, for me updates were available for 3 years after purchase so my time is expired. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
Got my Amazon card today (which has since been removed from Amazon :rolleyes:) - scanned it with my computer antivirus software (SOPHOS) which showed no threats, so that's a good start. I also tried to update it in the toolbox without first running it in the car - no go. So, we'll pop it in and see what we get!

Upvote 0
Well, I popped our our Amazon card in for the first time yesterday and it worked just fine! We tested it on a quick trip into work and were a bit baffled by the route it wanted to take us, but otherwise all was good.

Now the million dollar question is - do I try to update it in the toolbox? I'm afraid Mazda's going to recognize it's a clone and somehow lock our VIN from being able to use nav. I feel like I've seen this happen to some?

Upvote 0
If you don't like the routes it suggests, you should fine tune the settings. Preferring highways, shortest paths, toll roads, etc.

Upvote 0
If you don't like the routes it suggests, you should fine tune the settings. Preferring highways, shortest paths, toll roads, etc.
Yeah, I didn’t notice the route options until after we tried it. Next time we will play with it more to see if we can refine the route a bit.

Upvote 0
Well, I popped our our Amazon card in for the first time yesterday and it worked just fine! We tested it on a quick trip into work and were a bit baffled by the route it wanted to take us, but otherwise all was good.

Now the million dollar question is - do I try to update it in the toolbox? I'm afraid Mazda's going to recognize it's a clone and somehow lock our VIN from being able to use nav. I feel like I've seen this happen to some?
Mazda will do nothing except maybe give you a warning that it's a bootleg card and not allow you to update.

Upvote 0
Mazda will do nothing except maybe give you a warning that it's a bootleg card and not allow you to update.
Yep, that's what happened to me. Card still works in the car. I may just buy a newer version in a while to get updated maps (still far cheaper than Mazda dealer price).

Upvote 0
Updated the card successfully in the toolbox! Says I'm good for 3 years of updates. (y)
Yep, came to say this. It may throw a warning. This is worst case. It will still let you activate it AND it will give you 3 years of updates from that date.
Mazda truly needs to stop charging $400 for that.

Upvote 0
I have an Android but for whatever reason, it won't connect for navigation but will play the music on my phone to the car. This is why I asked this question. I wanted to just use navigation thru my phone but even at the dealership they can't figure it out.
There is a fix to software for that. Get software update at dealer. It is also listed on this site if u want to do yourself. Search for it. I have seen it here.

Upvote 0
......... I much prefer Apple CarPlay personally, better graphics and no need to update the nav. But I know some prefer the Mazda version, wish I had a better answer.

You wouldn't prefer Carplay in the Kentucky mountains where there is little cell service. That and west Texas make me keep GPS based navigation. google's intolerable tracking ices the cake.

Upvote 0
while we are on the nav topic,
Does anybody know if it can show the enlarged graphical/picture of the exit where you need to exit?
the old infotainment used to show the exit when it is nearby, the map switches to a graphic enlarged and produces a kind of real view of how the exit looks. After you exit it switches back to map mode.
There is such option enabled as it seems in the menu but it doesnt show as expected.

Upvote 0
while we are on the nav topic,
Does anybody know if it can show the enlarged graphical/picture of the exit where you need to exit?
the old infotainment used to show the exit when it is nearby, the map switches to a graphic enlarged and produces a kind of real view of how the exit looks. After you exit it switches back to map mode.
There is such option enabled as it seems in the menu but it doesnt show as expected.
Yes it does! I don’t really remember how but you have the option enable it, and it’s quite useful.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the correct Navigation SD Card for a 2022 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Premium AWD?
There's so many out there but I want to make sure I buy the correct card that will work in my car.
Thanks in advance.
If you have Head up display(Active Driving Display) then the Mazda Navigation experience is unmatchable, if you don't it doesn't matter much since you will be looking at the Nav screen anyway and Mazda doesn't provide turn y turn instructions in the gage cluster like most other manufacturers. There is no integration between the active driving display and apple care play/Android Auto like Honda as an example where you can see turn by turn directions in gage cluster if you have an Android Phone.

Upvote 0
Back