2016~2023 Lowering CX-9 using Mazda6 suspension

:
2009 Mazda CX-9 GT
I know there was talk about this a while back, so it might be useful.....

CCFFAA42-CB4B-4602-A6DD-F11B02FAD253.jpeg

9612E3E2-A600-4DE3-868F-3E306AA5B2E5.jpeg

Wow, that's over 1000 lb difference in curb weight! Surprising that it still rides nicely. It sounds like they did OEM CX-9 shocks with the OEM Mazda6 springs. I'm also wondering if they only swapped the springs and nothing else, like the lower seat and/or upper spring insulator.

Zero chance that thing “rides beautiful” on anything other than perfectly smooth roads. Does look nice tho.

Zero chance that thing “rides beautiful” on anything other than perfectly smooth roads. Does look nice tho.
Fair point. Might ride fine with just the driver. Should be roughly equivalent to loading a 6 at 1000 pounds. At CX-9 maximum load though, you’d be over the theoretical Mazda 6 spring load by 1400 pounds and I would not want to be in that vehicle

I’m sure it rides fine for the owner who’s excited about how the new mod looks. Ask them again in a handful of months and I bet they’re singing a different tune. Ask me how I know…

I’m sure it rides fine for the owner who’s excited about how the new mod looks. Ask them again in a handful of months and I bet they’re singing a different tune. Ask me how I know…
First gen lowered for over two years. The ride is just fine; better than any other lowered or lifted vehicle I have owned or driven. Does it ride like a stock 9? Nope. Does it ride like a brick sh!thouse? Nope. Rides like a lowered 9. 👍

I haven't owned a stock height vehicle for over 30 years. Stock sucks. 😜

First gen lowered for over two years. The ride is just fine; better than any other lowered or lifted vehicle I have owned or driven. Does it ride like a stock 9? Nope. Does it ride like a brick sh!thouse? Nope. Rides like a lowered 9. 👍

I haven't owned a stock height vehicle for over 30 years. Stock sucks. 😜

Lol! Thus the reason for my interest, haha. For me, it seems the problem would be sourcing wagon springs here in Canada, though it seems the wagon's curb weight is only 160lbs heavier than the sedan's.

Not sure. If there is any more info posted I will share it here.
haha i saw this yesterday and was gonna post. glad you beat me to it!

springs meant for a 3200lb car. gross of 4500lb. now on a 4400lb car gross of 6000. that thing is gonna bottom out and be a handling hazard on the street. needs stiffer springs.

haha i saw this yesterday and was gonna post. glad you beat me to it!

springs meant for a 3200lb car. gross of 4500lb. now on a 4400lb car gross of 6000. that thing is gonna bottom out and be a handling hazard on the street. needs stiffer springs.
Yup. But at least it looks good. :ROFLMAO:

Back